gsr brake swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im like a few weeks from buyin the complete gsr brake setup, my question is that with me running my stock motor (d16z6) in my car, will the spindles be compatible to the gsr hub

btw i have a EG6 complete rear disc setup (unharmed e-brake cables, jdm LCAs) for sale im asking $200 plus shipping ( if not local) im hoping for local since shipping would be a bitch and i have a brand new complete AEM big brake kit for sale its complete and brand new, everythins is inside, including the AEM stickers and zip ties, im selling that for $280 out the door. PM me if you interested.

The spindles are the same for the EX and GSR. the axels should work, JUst try it. POp the axel out and make sure that it fits in the GSR before you start to much brake work. IT won't take you that long and if for some reason it doesn't work then you saved your self a lot of work later.

Darin

yeah it will work i just did the gsr brake swap on my eg6. the axles fit rite in to the hubs if you have the complete spinldes. i just kept my rear disks and change the fronts to gsr with the mc and brake booster. some advice. when you do the swap get the stainless steel brake lines, crossdrilled/slotted rotors, and new brakes pads. its easier to do when everything is out and you can bleed the lines at the same time and everything is done.
ooh yeah one more thing get a flange nut wrench other wise you will strip the nut where the brake lines become the hard metal lines.

And yeah it was the best factory parts upgrade i have done to the eg6 next to adding type r sways and lca's.

Back