1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR brakes in a Civic

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by joe42069, Jan 13, 2006.

1. joe42069

joe42069 Junior Member

Hello. I have a 1994 Honda Civic Dx with a complete GSR brake swap. I was looking for a big brake setup for my car. I should get a GSR big brake kit, correct. But my concern is my car doesn't have ABS so If I buy a big brake kit for a ABS car (GSR) what would happen?

Joe

2. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

find one for non-ABS

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

seriosuly, you're wasting your time. you have plenty of braking power in that size for track events.

what you need are good rotors (brembo blanks)
    good pads (hawk hps/hp+)
    good fluid (superblue racing "smirf gizz")
    good master (15/16 or 1")
    good lines (something SS)

youd be amazed what you can do with that set up. i'd put mone down on it out braking a a big brake kit of similar cost to do the above.

4. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

5. joe42069

joe42069 Junior Member

Sweet. Thanks.

Joe

6. XXHondaRacerXX

XXHondaRacerXX Member

i have a 1991 CRX with a B16A and such, along with a GSR that i use for a parts car, has no engine

i am wondering whats involved with the GSR brake swap, id love to do it, just dont know whats involved, im guessing the fronts would go right on, but what about the rear, being that my CRX has rear drums?

7. joe42069

joe42069 Junior Member

Hello. I think for a CRX the earlier Integra GSR (earily 90's) bolt right up. The fronts should come with rotors, capilers, hubs and should bolt right up. The rears will come with rotors, capilers, e-brake cables, and the control arm that hold the hub assembly. Not sure if a CRX Si has rear disc but that should fit also. I would also recomend changing the master cylinder and proportion valve from a rear disc car ( CRX SI, earily GSR)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted