gsr build up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blink1_8_2dude

ok i am wanting to rebuild my b18c bottom end i want to keep the motor NA i was thinking about eagle h-beams and itr pistons on the stock crank of course i am planing to replace the rings and seals etc. Later on down the road im am thinking about spraying it do yall think this is a good build for NA then nitrous or not? Also what type of rings do yal suggest i use?

thanks

if you're dead set on going the nitrous route, get some forged aluminum pistons and forget about using honda OEM cast pistons. cast is fine for all motor, but not a good idea for spray.

almost all of the aftermarket pistons are quality brands as long as you get forged...as far as rings go use what is recommended for your bore hone,if you are stock sleeve and hone use oem,they are good rings,if not oem hone use what the people who did the honing recommend.

ok i was planning on gettin my block honed what exactly is honing a block i no i need to have it done when doing a rebuild what i think it is, is when the resurface the cylinder walls so they have so scratches on them is this correct or am i wrong also? about how much would honing cost me?

would 12:1 pistons be good for this type of set up?

not sure on the price,it would be area dependent anyway and I live in Iowa so.....but yes,honing is the pattern "scratched" on the cylinder walls to help retain proper oil lubricity[sp?] while your piston rides up-n-down,best done by a pro who has done honda work as crosshatches can be different...I wouldnt pay more than 100$ here in Iowa but we live cheap so...

high compression pistons like 12:1 are usually for NA while low is usually for FI,tuning can get around this to a point but I have not the knowledge to inform u on that...and 12:1 w/out proper tuning on n20 could be big trouble...

there have been many NA set-ups already talked about in the last two months...most of it will depend on $$$flow....do some searching and read some of the other posts to get a feel for what parts are best cost to pwr ratio.....

I have a thing for oem stuff so I'm not the best to ask for a power app I just have a fair amount of basic engine knowledge that mostly comes from 70's mopars.

I can tell you my tenative plans for my b16 to give you a oem idea but injector tech and such is out of my leauge.

CTR pistons
CTR cams
ITR intake manifold extrude honed
JDM ITR header
Comptech Ice Box intake
test pipe
apex-i ws catback
I'm not sure about springs and retianers yet as I am looking into the roller-follower systems for the reliability and freeing up some hp in the cams but not sure yet

hope it helps

do more research, you just stated that you were going to get your stuff honed, then asked directly after what honing is. Not being a dick or anything but the best thing I alwasy say to people is to do a thorough backround research on what they plan to do, read articles, speak to people, et.c......

forged all the way, do it right the first time.

Back