1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsr build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by steve92civic, Apr 19, 2004.

1. steve92civic

steve92civic Member

I was thinking about building up a gsr for a daily driver and swapping it into my 92 civic. Heres the question. If I swap in ctr pistons and new rods do I need to take apart the bottom and bore the block. Or can I take off the oil pan and head, disconnect the rods and push the rods and pistons out the top? Also what valvetrain should I buy and if I get a port and polish from alaniz will I need to buy a hondata type fmu.

2. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

your basicly totally disassembled when your taking out your pistons. Don't half ass it. Your going to need to re hoan the cylinders, then put new bearings in.

3. ek9r

ek9r Senior Member

:withstupid: hone the block so the rings make a good seal. change all bearings and clean it up a bit while youre in there. if you dont, you may find yourself tearing it apart a second time.

4. steve92civic

steve92civic Member

hey thanks guys. I am a noob and you are right I shouldn't half ass it. should I rebuild it myself or have a respectable shop do it and how much will it cost

5. wannaberacer

wannaberacer Member

If you buy yourself some tools and read a book you could end up learning something and saving yourself some money.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted