gsr build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was thinking about building up a gsr for a daily driver and swapping it into my 92 civic. Heres the question. If I swap in ctr pistons and new rods do I need to take apart the bottom and bore the block. Or can I take off the oil pan and head, disconnect the rods and push the rods and pistons out the top? Also what valvetrain should I buy and if I get a port and polish from alaniz will I need to buy a hondata type fmu.

your basicly totally disassembled when your taking out your pistons. Don't half ass it. Your going to need to re hoan the cylinders, then put new bearings in.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 19 2004, 04:51 PM
your basicly totally disassembled when your taking out your pistons. Don't half ass it. Your going to need to re hoan the cylinders, then put new bearings in.

:withstupid: hone the block so the rings make a good seal. change all bearings and clean it up a bit while youre in there. if you dont, you may find yourself tearing it apart a second time.

hey thanks guys. I am a noob and you are right I shouldn't half ass it. should I rebuild it myself or have a respectable shop do it and how much will it cost

Back