GSr build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CrazyAzn

well heres the deal, i was wondering how much you could mill the head on a gsr/ poormans itr and still be okay.

my current set up is usdm b16 pistions, block decked .003 with the head milled about .013.

i acquired a built head that was milled about .035-.040, would this be okay on my motor??? im not fully sure if ne one has put a milled head on this type of set up. . . has ne one done this before?

i also know i should clay the motor when this is done, but i was just wondering if ne one had any input on this.

whats the normal amount people mill heads?

thanks

.035 -.040" is a little bit on the high side, but you can always run a thicker headgasket to make up for it.

thats what i thought, but its still kinda far from that wear pad. . . damn i dont wanna clay the motor =T

What cams and pistons do you plan on running with this new head?

there usdm b16 pistions with either gsr cams, or itr cams

072606_20121.jpg

therse a pick of that lil tab thinge on the head. . . does ne one know what that means? sorry its a lil blurry its off of my phone. . . but if you cant tell its a lil ways off of touching the pad. . . can someone help me out here?

Last edited:
Back