1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSr build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by CrazyAzn, Jul 26, 2006.

1. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

well heres the deal, i was wondering how much you could mill the head on a gsr/ poormans itr and still be okay.

my current set up is usdm b16 pistions, block decked .003 with the head milled about .013.

i acquired a built head that was milled about .035-.040, would this be okay on my motor??? im not fully sure if ne one has put a milled head on this type of set up. . . has ne one done this before?

i also know i should clay the motor when this is done, but i was just wondering if ne one had any input on this.

whats the normal amount people mill heads?

thanks

2. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

.035 -.040" is a little bit on the high side, but you can always run a thicker headgasket to make up for it.

3. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

thats what i thought, but its still kinda far from that wear pad. . . damn i dont wanna clay the motor =T

4. 97CTR

97CTR Senior Member

What cams and pistons do you plan on running with this new head?

5. CrazyAzn

CrazyAzn Senior Member

there usdm b16 pistions with either gsr cams, or itr cams

[​IMG]

therse a pick of that lil tab thinge on the head. . . does ne one know what that means? sorry its a lil blurry its off of my phone. . . but if you cant tell its a lil ways off of touching the pad. . . can someone help me out here?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted