GSR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sinisterfuzzy

alright, so after doing some searching around and what not, i decided that down the road i think i'm going to be doing a B18 Swap, my goal is to do a mid 13 N/A without stripping the car (except taking out the subs). So far here is what im thinking for a build. (the engine will go in an EG Hatch)

Crower Stage 3 Cams
Venom Fuel Injectors, Fuel Rail
Edelbrock Victor X Intake
JE Pistons 9.8:1 (plan on running 10.5 or 11:1)
Skunk2 66mm TB
Crower Dual Valvesprings
Skunk2 Adj. Cam Gear
DC Header
Hondata S200
JE Piston Rings
Block Guard
Eagle Crankshaft
ZEX Ti Spring Retainers
Phantom Grip Rocker Arms

sorry it's just all over the place but thats all i really have for now i have other little stuff to like gaskets, seals, studs and what not. so in replies tell me what you think this could do in the 1/4, if i am missing something tell me what i need to add to achieve a time. thanks!

ps, also planning on lots of headwork and other machine work

Ok, lets start with saving you some money. You don't need an eagle crank, none better than a Honda crank. Ditch the block gaurd. Phantom grip rocker arms...... uh NO!. I didn't even know they made them, but they are garaunteed to be crap. Zex retainers are ok, but there are much better out there. If you are going with crower cams, why not get run their valvetrain? I would also go with RC injectors and not Venom.

What do you mean when you say 9.8:1 pistons but having a compression in the 11's. Because that is not going to happen.

yeah after i looked up how much that would all cost i ditched that plan, i'm thinking more along the lines of a b16 or just staying d16 and turbocharging. I need to do a 13 unstripped. that's all, i don't need a freakin' sweet top speed or anything, 13secs... who ever can give me the most affordable build wins lol.

you can get 11.1 easily with a 9.8:1 piston i have a b20 vtec and i have 10.1 already and havent even sheaved the head yet. i am shaving the block .10 and the head .20 and thats gonna put me about 11..5:1 so?? its easily dome man

the phantom grip rocker arms arent crap the are alluminum and reduce weight in the valvetrain. but you should know that they lock the rocker arms together and eliminate VTEC (locks the VTEC lobe "ON" so you are essentially in VTEC, on the high lobe, all the time. no switchover)
this is what the phantom grip arms look like. they keep the stock vtec rocker:
wMTMxMjg3NDZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

skunk2 or AEBS mani will do your setup better then the edelbrock. the edelbrock is better for exteme NA builds and turbo builds.

get a better header. DC is like the best of the shitty headers. look into RAGE, high-end, sparks racing, or if you have the cash SMSP, RMF, SSR, etc.

ditch the eagle crank and block guard

Last edited:
you can get 11.1 easily with a 9.8:1 piston i have a b20 vtec and i have 10.1 already and havent even sheaved the head yet. i am shaving the block .10 and the head .20 and thats gonna put me about 11..5:1 so?? its easily dome man

You can't make a claim like that without some proof to back it up. How are you going to make 11:1 on 9.8:1 pistons without shaving the head?

Back