Gsr cams in a b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

killercannible

Whats up guys, I got a b16 swap with gsr tranny, lightweight flywheel, exedy clutch, dc header in my 97 coupe. I know b16 cams suck as far as factory cams go, i was thinking about picking up some gsr cams. I don't want skunk 2 or type r because those are out of my price range right now and i am not looking for an agressive cam. Have any of you run these, i know they make a difference on an ls/vtec or turbo b16 but what about my setup? Thanks alot.

They make a noticeable difference but not much. When I threw a set of GSR's in my B16 the car felt the same towards redline as it did with the B16 cams but mid range, 5000-6500, was real noticable and felt good. Expect a difference, not a lot of power. IMO, if you are eventually gonna get some type R cams, just save up and hold off on the GSR's, it's not worth the time if you are going to end up changing later. When I had my ITR cams the car pulled real strong from about 5500-8000. ITR cams make power till 8400 but a B16 doesn't have the compression to take advantage of the higher redline.

Back