gsr&ctr cams on b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K-V-NO

someone suggested puttin gsr intake cam and ctr exaust cam rather than both ctr intake & exaust cam on my b16a2 eg civic. will it work & if so, how much better.

The intake cams are the same. the ITR cam is cheaper. You will need valve springs and retainers to safely run those cams.

Edit: Sorry, I din't read your post close enough. Are you sure you mean GSR intake and not Integra Type R?

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 26 2003, 09:31 PM
The intake cams are the same. the ITR cam is cheaper. You will need valve springs and retainers to safely run those cams.

Edit: Sorry, I din't read your post close enough. Are you sure you mean GSR intake and not Integra Type R?

someone told me a gsr intake cam w/ ctr exaust cam would run smooth

no, they are lame, get the CTR intake... hell, you would be better off with the CTR intake cam and gsr exhaust, than doing it the other way around. seriously, get both exhaust and intake of the CTR

By using a CTR exhaust with a GSR intake you are flowing more gas out than in, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense...
Mr T says:
jibjab2.jpg

no way.. CTR intake cams are much better.. the exhaust cams are much the same for all.. ppl usually don't bother but usualy when u buy cams, u buy in a pair, so might as well get CTR cams.

it's the ITR retainers that your need to use along with your CTR cams.. the stock valve are still good enough but just to ease of ur paranoia, get valve from either IT or CTR will just do. it can withstand 200HP and below.. above that u need aftermarkets valvetrains(valve spring + retainers)

if u are targetting around 170-190 at the wheel, CTR cams are good enough.. they are much the same or slightly better than aftermarket cams that are stage 1 or type 1 like Juns,Skunk2 or toda..

hope this help..

use a CTR for intake and exhaust, upgraded valve train isn't need if your not revvin past 8k if going higher which you would do since the cams do make power up a little higher than upgrade to ITR valvesprings..

Back