GSR Del Sol S?...Please help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wingnuts

Hey I found a good deal on a b18c1 and LS tranny. I've heard you cant put these 2 together but want to know for sure. I was hoping someone knows exactly what i need to fully complete this swap in my del sol s. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also I'm open to easier swaps as long as they are affordable and have uh... VTEC

they will work together, you will need more stuff though. do some research on swaps.

what is your "deal"?

The gearing ratio will be screwed to hell unless you plan to boost it. Just find a B16A2 tranny and bolt it up to the GSR motor for the best gearing this side of a JDM ITR.

ok ill start lookin for that tranny. I'm hoping someone could tell me if i need new axles and stuff too. The motor is 1500. 60k miles. tranny is 400.

This is the best place to get axles for hybrid builds. Plus they will take all the HP and Tq you can throw at it. They can also give you any and all info on what parts you need for any specific build.

THE DRIVESHAFT SHOP

Hasport also makes axles for your project, and they are probably cheaper then TDSS units, so you might want to try there too.

Last edited:
i have a JDM ITR swapped del sol
the trans mission is kinda annoying but fast as shit. if you do a lot of highway driving swap out 5th gear for an ls 5th. reason being is my del sol i'll be at 80 MPH in 5th at 4500-5000 rpm, its really loud and obnoxious because the transmission isn't meant for highway use, but 1 st gear i get to about 45-50 ish at 9300 RPM so its fast but not practical for highway use.

but that is my 2 cents of info

yea either use a gsr or type r tranny and swap out the 5th gear, or honestly you could just use the ls tranny. its really not that bad. it gets through the gears fast enough, and every friend or friend of a friend i've talked to who is into civics concurs that the gearing for the gsr/type r trannies are just way to short and kind of annoying for everyday driving. not to mention they're uber more expensive. only downside is no lsd, but you can always add that if you like. when i swap to a jdm gsr next summer i fully intend on keeping my ls trans.

No, you dont need an LS 5th. The JDM ITR has a shorter final drive ratio because in Japan they dont have big ass freeways like we do in the states, therefore Honda of Japan decided to use shorter gearing for better acceleration VS lower revs/better MPG while cruising at higher speeds (like on the freeway). Just opt for a USDM transmission (B18C5 or B16A2) and you will be fine.

regardless the usdm versions of the c5 and c1 still have crazy high gearing in comparison. there's even a write-up on h-t for doing the 5th gear swap. if he wants to use it thats his choice. different strokes for different folks

Last edited:
Back