GSR Dual runner intake On ITR?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Johnnylawless

Will a GSR dual runner Intake manifold bolt up to a Integra Type R Head?
I live In California and the BAR referree said for them to pass it it has to
look like a B18C1 not a C5

:worthy:

I really dont know shit about B-series but isnt b series, b series? doesnt ITR IM put up to GSR head? Arent B18C1 and C5 the exact same engine but differnt internals basically?

:no:

the GSR head is completly different form the ITR/B16 head.... it will not bolt up.... perhaps with some modification it MIGHT ... but im not too sure on that

if you need something CARB approved ... get the Skunk2 manifold (it has a CARB stamp on it)

yeah the bolt pattern is different- they are not interchangable- you'd have to do some creative engineering to make it fit-

why dont use the stock integra type R intake manifold??\

it doesnt have to look like a c1 it just has to be newer or same year as car and it must be the right obd to match the engine.

I have to make it obd2 or make it look like a B18c1 and the guy said he'd pass it with the Gsr intake with secondaries working

wth.... what is his logic for putting a gsr I/M on a type R engine? a gsr I/M should not make a difference in from a Type R. anways i think putting a GSR i/m would be harder then converting to OBD2 because you gotta some how drill holes in the manifold and then you gotta go find your self a gsr ecu and wire that shit all up to be like a gsr. then after your done and you want a type R you gotta redo all that shit again.

type r are only obd2 and gsr is obd1 so if i want to go the easy route use the gsr manifold and wire a couple wires into ecu.
also anybody know if i can just put the gsr head and manifold on to pass it? :worthy:

no dude, the bolt holes are not going to line up- it's a different bolt pattern- you're going to have to fill the old holes and drill precise new holes to make it work

-sorry, i read too fast and didn't read thoroughly enough- swapping the head on is a question that i do not have an answer to-

Why dont you just get another intake manifold like someone said above, the skunk2. Or you can get the b17 intake manifold or you could find a b16 one but then it wouldnt be usdm if thats what your going for. I just think its a bad idea to put a GSR one a type R.

your ref is a moron. go to a different shop.

if anything, what he's telling you to do is MORE illegal than running the stock itr intake manifold... regardless of obd.

Originally posted by Johnnylawless@Feb 11 2004, 07:48 AM
type r are only obd2 and gsr is obd1 so if i want to go the easy route use the gsr manifold and wire a couple wires into ecu.
also anybody know if i can just put the gsr head and manifold on to pass it? :worthy:

No, you can't just bolt the GSR IM on, that's one reason why Skunk2 and AEBS have IDFFERENT manifolds for GSR's.

No, you can't swap heads in California, it is completely illegal whereas motors are just a dark grey area.

And that ref. is as B said a fucking retard.

Back