Gsr ecu and vtec cams into a ls

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hazzardboy95

Hon-daaaa
I have been trying to get the idea through my head, if Icould get vtec cams into my ls. Im not possitive if it would work or not but Im thinking it would be like a gsr stuck in vtec. Im also thinking i would need to upgrade the valve train if it would even work. Also, what about a gsr ecu into my ls? Would it re-tune the fuel map for more power or what. Im not to interested in reving higher since I cant make power that high anyway but for the other things. Would this work or not? Input is greatly appreciated from somebody who may have done this already or something.

Neither will work. The GSR ECU will throw errors because it's not seeing a VTEC subsystem, and the cams won't physically fit. The cam journals are in different places, there are more lobes on the GSR cams than the LS head is built for, and you're missing 8 lifters/rockers in your head.

Go get some aftermarket cams and one of the "free" tuning setups for your ECU.

I also heard that crower makes really good cams, their 404's are supposed to do wonders for your ls. I was just wondering, I didnt know if my theory was shity or not but thanks for the non-asshole response.

Back