GSR front 'forks' into a ED..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

I wasn't sure where to post this, swapping or suspension. SO here I is..
I picked up a GSR for the suspension for a 89 hf and just happen to set the front forks side by side and gosh-golley, they looked dang near the same!
That got the ol rock rollin and thought that if they were too big to accept the ED,DA struts then they might fit my coil over KYB,s orTokico's that I had off my accord (stay with me.. CONCENTRATE!)
Well they fit very nicely and bolt right up without alignment issues on my 90 civ 4dr!. (KYB's, coil overs and around 400-450#springs) up front. The coils are about 1" from the bottom of adjusting sleeve but havn't noticed any bottoming out.
And it rides tons better than my accord did with them.
I'll probably cut the top hats off of 90's accord strut tops and weld them to the civ ones to get more travel from the coils (same in the rear. later though)

I'll be on vacation starting Thurs so I should be able to post some pics of them and the rears to see if the bottom of the accord strut fits as nice on the LCA (lower control arm) I just have cut DA springs in the rear now, with untold mileage.

I don't know if others have made this anouncement as of late but if not... HEY, you can have cheap strut upgrades to the ol ED,EF. Now, I'm not sure of the availability of GSR forks but the extra fluid/gas in reserve in the strut can't hurt..
And I don't have any accord forks to compare.

E

Yup, it's common knowledge that you can use EG/EK/DC forks on an ED/EF chassis, but nobody really talks about it. It's a great way to use some newer suspension components. :)

OOOppssie, Thanks.

Now off to swap Accord rear seat foam/material with my civics rear to get a more defined seat instead of just a 'bench'..

Full story @ 10:00 (with pics)

E

Back