GSR front sway on 94 coupe

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleepercivic

I am going to put a gsr front and rear sways on my 94 coupe

my ?: do I need anything special to put the front bar in place of my stock bar?

I have the gsr endlinks and D brackets anything else?

also I know I need gsr endlinks the ones I have are bent, but the ones from the dealershit are $60 a piece, I called summit and ES makes the endlinks for $15 a pair does that sound right, and yes it is for the endlinks not just the bushings I asked. also I know the LS endlinks and GSR are different, has anyone ordered these and have a part #

Thanks in Advance

why are you puting a different front sway bar on anyway?
I assume the GSR one is bigger which would cause your car to understeer more than it allready does.
Do you have a rear sway bar on your car?
I would suggest adding or upgrading that before changing the front swaybar. The only reason to do that is if you are getting TOO much oversteer and want to correct that otherwise save yourself the time and money

unless his car was a EX it didnt have a front or rear sway bar. You will need the dc2 lower control arms too because the lower control arms on civics dont have the hole for you to bolt the endlinks on. i was gonna do this but i am to lazy to take all that shit off and put it back on. you gotta take off your exaust too.

do I need anything special to put the front bar in place of my stock bar?

he says that he has a stock sway bar allready, that is why I asked him why he even wants to change it

if anything just get new bushings for it
get the ES endlinks and the ES sway bar bushings and you have a better sway bar than you do now without alot of work and without increasing your understeer as much as with a larger front sway bar

oh my bad... i should have read it better. then yeah then i aslo have to ask why do you want a front gsr sway??? unless you are planning on something big for the back?

thanks guys

I had a stock front bar

took it off for Suspension Tech kit front and rear

rear bar broke, when it broke it was rusted halfway through, POS

Front bar rattles the shit out of my car always has, rubs barely on cat

so I getting rid of the aftermarket crap in favor of OEM components

first I plan on using gsr front and rear already have them

then when I can afford a beaks kit and type r rear, i will upgrade the rear

also I already have the rear lca's, I know what I need to do for the rear , what I am concerened about is the front

ok, that makes sense then
as far as the endlinks go
try http://www.suspension.com/

you should be able to find the right parts on there

if you had an aftermarket bar on the rear why do you need different lca's now?
what model civic do you have?

Sean

Originally posted by seanjuan@Dec 10 2003, 10:38 AM
ok, that makes sense then
as far as the endlinks go
try http://www.suspension.com/

you should be able to find the right parts on there

if you had an aftermarket bar on the rear why do you need different lca's now?
what model civic do you have?

Sean

the rear ST bar broke, they do not require lca's with mounting points for a swaybar

the OEM gsr bar requires the use of teg LCA's or civic with OEM rear sway

thanks for the link

I went to http://www.suspension.com/acura.htm

it does not specify a difference in the GSR and LS endlinks, when the are in fact different

LS and civics have a straight bolt for an endlink, gsr has totally different endlink, I know because I have the bar and the print out from the dealership which shows the 2 different set ups

I am just trying to avoid paying $60 a piece for new endlinks from the dealer, and yes I do have to get new endlinks the ones I have are Fawked

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Dec 10 2003, 01:01 PM
I went to http://www.suspension.com/acura.htm

it does not specify a difference in the GSR and LS endlinks, when the are in fact different

LS and civics have a straight bolt for an endlink, gsr has totally different endlink, I know because I have the bar and the print out from the dealership which shows the 2 different set ups

I am just trying to avoid paying $60 a piece for new endlinks from the dealer, and yes I do have to get new endlinks the ones I have are Fawked

I'm pretty sure there is no difference between the endlinks for the GSR and the LS or for that matter the 5G civics that came with swaybars

checkout this site
oem acura parts
you can get the oem endlinks on there for $17
and they have the same part number for the gsr endlinks as they do for the ls endlinks

the picture doesn't show up but the part is called the "link stabalizer" or something

Originally posted by sleepercivic@Dec 11 2003, 12:14 AM
Look at this picture : http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/acura/.../prddisplay.jsp

#6 is for the Gsr and #18 is for an LS, the ends of the sway bars and the end links are different

thanks for the link though ...................

that link doesn't work

but I think I figured out why we weren't agreeing on this.... you were talking about the front end links and I thought you were talking about the rear endlinks

yes, they are different between the ls and gsr
but if you noticed they don't even sell the gsr endling on that site, only the ls

why not just make your own endlinks?
use the bent up ones that you have as a pattern and go to your local hardware store and fish around for the right parts

buy a couple heim joints and some nuts and you are good to go

sorry I can't be any more help

good luck

Back