gsr head on a ls block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thgen4dr

Can i put a gsr head on my b18b1 ls block, what would be the advantages/disadvantages

yes you can, but its not somethign you just drop on and drive away. ur advantages would be about 3-40 hp. You disadvantages if you do it wrong..kaboom

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Nov 21 2003, 07:52 AM
yes you can, but its not somethign you just drop on and drive away. ur advantages would be about 3-40 hp. You disadvantages if you do it wrong..kaboom

Don't you mean 30-40 horsepower?

no he means 3.

if you half ass something like that, you can end up doing more harm than good...
there is no possible way to determine what kind of power output a hybrid motor would have..

when i upgraded from a b16 to an lsvtec, i gained about 25 whp and 30 ft lbs of torque

yes it can be done, and please dont' just slap shit together otherwise I will find out where you live and slap you :D

do a search for LSVTEC builds and swaps.

LSR aka LS/VTEC...can be weak if not done correctly...you gotta tap the oil line and all that...thats why the outcome could be 3-40 hp...I would recommend a professional...I've heard that alot of LSR's had been breakin down...ITS NOT RELIABLE. But if done correctly..it can be strong as or stronger than a GSR.

This post has been edited by 92civicb18b1 on Nov 21 2003, 07:53 AM

it really dont matter ull still blow the shit into pieces if u push it hard

Back