Gsr Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93delsolsi

Broke a bolt to the cams caps and can't get it out:mad: & Yes i was torqueing it with the torque wrench so don't go on blast with me just need some Help

so i assume it broke off flush with the head?
ie:nothing to put vice grips etc on?
you can try an easy out, and if that doesn't work you can drill it and tap it, but honestly, you'd prob be better off taking the head to a machine shop right now...

things stuck in aluminum have a way of going from bad to worse REAL fucking fast, especially if you're not very experienced in this sort of thing...
it'll prob be less than 50 bucks, and done perfectly

You won't get a clean drill/tap on a hardened steel bolt stuck in an aluminum head.. the drill bit will slip off the steel and make a mess, no matter how steady handed you are.

You removed the other cap bolt and took the cap off, right? Broken flush with the aluminum?

If this is the case, :werd: on the machine shop.

well th bolts aluminum not steel and i local machine shop say they'll yake it out for 30

I gaurantee you there are ZERO aluminum bolts in your gsr head. Nice try though. Go have the machine shop do it for you. My .02
Mike

You won't get a clean drill/tap on a hardened steel bolt stuck in an aluminum head.. the drill bit will slip off the steel and make a mess, no matter how steady handed you are.
center punch y0
lol
you're gonna spend more than 30 in drill bits, ez outs and taps alone
let the shop do it

and yes, please take a picture...
were you using bolts you found? or these were stock bolts?

same thing happened to my head juss the other day i was torqueing it...what we did to get it out was use a drill bit to drill a lil hole n the we used a philips head n hammered it n after about 4 screwdrivers there was a lil hole then we hammered a allen in there n twisted it out... have fun

Back