1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR header Vs LS header

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by crxboi, Nov 7, 2006.

1. crxboi

crxboi Junior Member

Okay, this may be a stupid question and someone may have asked this before BUT, i needed to find out what is the difference between a GSR header and a LS header? I have bolted my B16a Header to a LS head and it bolted right up. But is there any difference between a LS and GSR exhaust. I am asking since I am trying to purchase a header from eBay;);) and wants to make sure what I order is the right one or at least fits my GSR block. BTW its a '99 USDM block. Mahalo for helping!!

2. igotnothin

igotnothin New Member

all the b series headers should bolt up to your car. there is and exception withteh b20 or some stupid shit like that. but an ls b16 gsr and what not will all interchange.

3. D See 2

D See 2 Senior Member

There is obviously some difference or DC sports, Greddy, etc... wouldn't have different part numbers for them. I think that the main difference is the length of the primaries. The LS and CRV blocks are physically taller than the GSR block. All b-series exhaust manifold bolt patterns are the same.

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

FWIW, I am using a USDM Type R header on my b18a, and the b-pipe almost hits the block stiffeners, so just use some caution. I also had to have the piping extended in front of the cat so reach the ITR collector, so you may run into that problem as well. It cost me 30 bucks to have them extend the piping, so it wasn't a big deal, except for the open-header cruise across town to the muffler shop at 830 in the morning :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted