Gsr In A 92 Hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Vtec Andy.....

I'm thinking about buying a 1999 jdm gsr complete swap for 3,199 with 30,000 miles on it...... first off is that a good price? Then i want to port and polish the head and get racing springs and valves so it can handle higher revs and a aem fuel rail and spoon vtec controller....... is that a good start on making my hatchback running 13's or so let me know.....

Thanks Alot, Andrew

yeh, that price is not bad..but your hatch is OBD1, that motor is OBD2..you will have some wiring problems..

Hi Andy,
What you need is a kit that is 1995 at the newest.
I can hook you up with this for 3000$. You'll have to either come pick up in Montreal, Canada or pay for shipping.

But seriously, if you're on a budget, and really want to see low 13's, i'd suggest you go with the already bigger, more powerful, more potent H22a. Ask those who drive these monsters.
If you use Emjo mounts, installation can actually be fun. If you take out the AC from this beast, you can use the extra mount (which your car has). I can also provide JDM H22a with LSD tranny, JDM p13 ecu...
Let me know

dont with the dtupid fucking h22. yea the motor its self is cheap but then you got to buy the mounts which are about 500 bones then you need to cut some holes in the floor board to get the clutch lines through and more than likely the swap is gonna piss you off and you will have somebody do it for you which could be really expensive so dont do the h22 swap by the time you get done with it you could of had the b18c5 as far as head work www.inlinefour.com offers it for 850$ and it includes port and polish ans multi-angle valve job and theye will install the internals aswell.

go with the b18c1 with www.inlinefour.com head work with skunk2 internals and there stage 2 cam and add on the basic header,cai,and free flowing strait threw exaust pipe and throw on unorthodox racing ultra ss pulley kit. all that will be around all the cost and headaches you will have to put up with on the h22 swap and will give you almost 200 whp :spin:

Back