GSR in Ek Coupe, Exhaust Help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

97DXcoupe

GSR Swapped/Gutted
hey all, im dropping in a b18c in my ek coupe, and i was wondering what kind of exhaust issues im going to run into. i have the stock b18c header and down pipe, but will it just be a direct connect with my stock exhaust or am i gonna need to swap my stock exhaust out to something else??

i have yet to find anything about this. thanks.

and if anyone know what SRI i can use would be great help too.

And PLEASE, if you do not know FOR SURE, do not post.

thanks

u will probably have to cut and re-weld that flange my buddy dropped a gsr in his dc2 integra and he had to cut and re-weld that flange other than that thats about it....

it will probably be the samething... the flange is different on a gsr.... just look at the gsr flange and the ek flange.... and see if theres a difference its that simple....

The only issues i've seen is the flange not lining up.

ok so, when i have this thing installed, im basically gonna have to drive it right to an exhaust shop and have something welded up? what about using a Civic Si header on the motor and running Si Exhaust all the way from the engine to the tail?

my car is a DX coupe by the way.

man, this swap is getting incredibly expensive, i might as well have bought a god dam GSR FFS!:mad:

you cant u have to use the gsr exhaust manifold.... cuz the gsr has a girdle on the bottom of the block for extra support so that makes the oil pan alot taller.. either way just take it to a exhaust shop and get it done.. or if u can do it urself than its alot easier... doesnt matter what car u have its gonna have to be done unless u have a gsr of course...

you cant u have to use the gsr exhaust manifold.... cuz the gsr has a girdle on the bottom of the block for extra support so that makes the oil pan alot taller.. either way just take it to a exhaust shop and get it done.. or if u can do it urself than its alot easier... doesnt matter what car u have its gonna have to be done unless u have a gsr of course...
just what he said:)

ya thats what i had figured. what about running aftermarket exhaust. i had a shop here in my area that told me to run an Omni adjustable test pipe. True, False?

i think the problem is, that if i use the JDM header, it wont match a USDM flange... correct?:huh:

either way, motor is going in next week :D:w00t:

the gsr header is the same thing no matter one.. jdm or usdm... i've never heard of a adjustable test pipe.. your car is gonna be hella loud too if u get that.... easiest thing to do is have them cut and re-fit it.... it would be alot cheaper than buying a test pipe....

the gsr header is the same thing no matter one.. jdm or usdm... i've never heard of a adjustable test pipe.. your car is gonna be hella loud too if u get that.... easiest thing to do is have them cut and re-fit it.... it would be alot cheaper than buying a test pipe....

Omni makes adjustable test pipe. had it in my hands.. looks good.

But what about ordering a header here, am i still gonna have the same problem? my car is a DX by the way, so i wont have a Cat anymore. im in WA so they dont smog obd2 cars.. yet

basically, i just want to have everything ready to go so that when they get my car, they can drop it in, wire it up and get it back to me by the end of the second day.

what about radiator hoses? get gsr hoses, civic si hoses or will the stock ones work? man no one ever lists this shit on forums LOL

your not doing the swap yourself??? no wonder why its costing u alot... get the gsr hoses... um ordering a gsr aftermarket header will still give u the same problem the flanges wont line up... i live in washington too we dont have smog cuz our towns not big enough... i live in aberdeen like 30 min away from olympia...... getting a test pipe removes the cat.... theres no screens in a test pipe just a tube which makes it extremely loud...

ya but the civic dx's cat is built into the stock header, there is not a header underneath the car...

oh ya thats right...then ya u would have to use the test pipe unless u want to buy a cat...

:D although im right about that, i did just look at the flange for the jdm gsr and the flange on my puny 1 7/8 exhaust and your right, the flanges do not match, SO i think this is the rought im going to go

since i know the Omni test pipe will rotate and adjust in length, ill get the tri-y header for a GSR on there

eBay Motors: JDM TRI - Y GSR HEADER 94-01 ACURA INTEGRA NEW LIMITED! (item 280190748386 end time Jan-15-08 17:39:29 PST)

if need be get the omni test pipe

then get a cat back exhaust thats made for my car and see what i come up with.

my car is still on stock exhaust w/ a APC flame tipped axel back i got out of a junk yard civic for $10 (lol sounds ok too haha, not to ricey. ill add a video someday) so it needs to be upgraded ANYWAYS.

i dunno man, so much unknowns its making my dam head hurt.:eek:

you need the si hoses the gsr radiator is different than a civic's. and what i did because my ek was an hx (same problem) was get a high flow cat at napa like $80 then had a shop weld a flange and a little extension pipe on each side of the cat to meet the header and exhaust and added an o2 bung on each side of the cat and extended my o2 wires to reach down there. i had a si/ex cat back on the car already so, if i ever have to buy a new exhaust i just by a catback for an ex/si model. i am in washington also and this setup passed emissions.

ok, well ill go tomorrow and get the Si Hoses 'cause Napa gave me the wrong Cap for my distributor. its not fiting by about 1/8" all the way around. looks to be a b18b cap im guessing. thats what i get for buying a cheap one i guess....

ya i guess ill just order in the header and give it to Intec when they do my swap and have them fab something up to fit it between the header and whatever exhaust i end up buying... running outta room on my credit cards... LMAO. about to start a second job to get this thing paid off. i should of just bought a dam Integra GSR. but the car is paid off and ive already done so much to it that i might as well keep it.

oh hey, Intec warned me that they think there would be 2 check engine light codes that they cant fix, one was a Fuel tank pressure sensor. they said they think that it may be because the 99-00 civics had a FTPS in the fuel tank and the 96-98 dont.

im thinking if thats the case, drop my fuel tank and put in a 99-00 and add the walbro at the same time?

;)

i dunno if anyone can confirm that or not.

i guess i need to just STFU, get it in and deal with any issues that become present:driver2: LMAO:rolleyes:

:violin:

Back