gsr intake manifold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

R.E.Developement

Import King of Irvington
watsup. i was thinking of taking out the gsr secondary butterflies plate off of the manifold what is the advantage of doing this?

how? this was my plan. i was going to do this and then get a p30 mugen chiped ecu. the ecu specs is as follows

vtec= 4800

revlimit= 9500

in due time i was going to get ctr cams as well.

the butterflies are in that manifold for a reason

if you wanna make a manifold upgrade, buy a Skunk2

Originally posted by R.E.Developement+Sep 2 2004, 04:18 AM-->
@Aug 31 2004, 09:28 AM
Loss of low end power?
[post=384192]Quoted post[/post]​

loss of low end but more at top?
[post=385033]Quoted post[/post]​

Why would it yeild more top end, it still is going to let the same amount of air in at WOT as it would before, the plenum(sp) and runners are only so big.

youll loose power from 2-6k, and gain about 2 hp up top if you COMPLETELY remove the internals.

its really not worth it.

and btw, bumping the redline to 9500 on a stock motor is REALLY not worth it imo-

you're not going to be making anymore power up there then you were at 8200 and you're going to really be putting A LOT more stress on a lot of components that weren't designed for that RPM

yeah but cams don't improve a stock motors ability to handle stress like that

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Sep 2 2004, 11:14 PM
yeah but cams don't improve a stock motors ability to handle stress like that
[post=385543]Quoted post[/post]​

who said that i was going to shift at 9500 rpms i just said that i will not pass 8500.

Dude heres the deal, chips ae mostly pointless seeing as how no engine is really gonna be in need of the exact same fuel maps ETC. as another engine. The only real point to a basic chip swap is if you need a higher rev limit, do to modifacations you have done IE valvetrain and cams or if you have and engine thats been built around that specific chips base maps witch would be like buy a spoon chip and build an engine to the same specs as the one that the chip was initialy used on. Confusing but if you can try and understand what im saying you might be better off. Your only puting your self in danger of mis shifting by making your lev limit so high. If you wanna spend some money on something usefull get a VAFC/SAFC or hondata or something of that nature motec, aem etc. etc..

well if you want to get rid of the scondary on the intake manifold you can.. there a company called http://www.dh-racing.com/
they make a peace that you can get rid of the scondary.. it is not bad looking i have been looking at gettubg it :ph34r:

Back