gsr intake

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sprayit500

im building a b18c gsr to put in an eg. the gsr intake has the dual stage thing in it and i was told there was no need to make it work on my swap. question is can i take that valve and butterfly set up out of my intake? it un bolts and the intake bolts back together fine. could this hurt performance? i dont think so but i fugured you would know for sure. thanks

My opinion leave it, just in case. Because you dont want to be driving and fuck something up to find out if you needed it or not.
Better to be in the safe side.
But if you have another intake go for it.

if anything after the swap is done, grab the pupm that opens the butterfly valves and wire it open, really easy to do, and if it has a negative affect such as feels like you have no top end whatsoever, then take the wire back off cause the ecu may reject it, just go aftermarket...

well the butter flies are already open the vacuum shuts it so no reason to wire it open. and im pretty sure its obd1. i took it apart and everything lined up fine. it just looks like a spacer with the butter flies in it. i was just thinbking it would get rid of a little bit of restriction.

yea just take them out all there for is bottom end tork then they open up i took mine out and always will just un srew them and take them out them bolt the manifold back together

cool. thats what i thought i just wanted to find someone that did it too. i didnt think id be the first. thanks alot

Back