1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsr Into 99 Civic

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civicsi1415, Jun 9, 2003.

1. civicsi1415

civicsi1415 Junior Member

I am planning on swaping a Gsr motor into my 99 civic si. I was wondering how hard this would be. Im planning on getting the motor from HMotorsOnline so it should come with all of this:

B18C 94-01 (GSR) Complete Change Over

Price: $ 3199.00 Plus shipping and handling.
    Availability: In stock and ready to go.

- Motor
    - Hydrolic Tranny (S80, Y80)
    - ECU (P72)
    - Axles with Half Shaft
    - Shift Linkage
    - Stock Motor Mounts
    - Alternator
    - Starter
    - Clutch
    - Flywheel
    - Intake Manifold
    - Exhaust Manifold
    - Fuel Rail
    - Injectors
    - Distributor
    - Engine Harness
    - Comes With All Sensors Needed
    - LSD Tranny (Optional +$300)

Motors average 35,000 miles and come with a 100% start up warranty. All Sensors are guaranteed not broken and in working condition!

Other than replacment belts and stuff like that will I need anyhting eles to make this work. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. If anyone knows about a walkthrough for doing this swap please tell me so I could check this out, I want to learn as much about the procedure before I do anything thankx

2. weak_sauce

weak_sauce Member

i dont get why you would swap out our b16 for the b18c, yes it has more TQ and HP but wit the money you are spenting for the other motor, u can just buy a turbo kit and run 6psi on stock internals.

3. civicsi1415

civicsi1415 Junior Member

The reason I am doing a motor swap is because my b16's tranny is going out and it is probably 1500 to 2500 to get a rebuilt or new one so I figured that if I could get everything (engine, tranny, ecu, ect) together for 3200 it would be worth it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted