1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsr Into Cx Wiring Details?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by xj0hnx, Mar 2, 2003.

1. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Someone putting in a GSR would need to convert to a four wire o2 and wire the air intake bypass right?How would they go about it?They are going to run a P72 ECU and use their CX harness.

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

wtf is an air intake bypass? you mean iab? that stands for intake air butterflies

you need (considering same obd motor/car)
    4-wire 02
    vtec & vtec pressure
    IAB control

3. civicSiR1

civicSiR1 Senior Member

depends on what OBD series you are running on. OBD2 P72 will need wire relocation. better if you bought a adapter. OBD2 P71 will just wire up. you will need to do a 4 wire O2 conversion, VTEC Switch and Soleniod, and IAB (Pissed Off------> you are wrong about IAB, it;s Intake Air Bypass.) Butterflies is just a terminology for it.

4. SixtySecondAssassin

SixtySecondAssassin Senior Member

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

Ok stop the madness :p ,IAB (I know I got the Intake and air backwards) anyway,what I need to know for this guy is do they just get wired straight to the ECU or what?And what needs to be done to convert to a four wire,splice em together,add some what?He is using the OBD I ECU so it will plug into his car(no need to convert anymore than nescessary eh).

6. OOOPPSS, wrong sayin...on my upper post, i said on the OBD2 P72 you need wire relocation, on the "OBD1 P72 will bolt on" not OBD2 P71......wat tha fuk was i talkin about????

7. plug in the OBD1 P72 and then just wire Vtec/knock etc. to ECU. shouldn't be that hard. like bread and butter.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted