GSR lower block girdle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid89

thistownsucks...
does it bolt right up to a B18Aor B block/bearings/crank W/O modification? I keep getting mixed stories. HELP

matt

you need the gsr main bearing studs. the ls main bearing studs are too short. i think if you can you should try to find a gsr block that has a bad sleeve or a spun bearing and than use the parts off of it (main bearing girdle, oil pump, oils squirters...).

I have all the changover items brand new (oil pump/water pump/squirters/etc.) i also have a brand new GSR block girdle and I want to know if it will for sure bolt right up to the LS bolck. Oh yeah, I am going to run all new studs(AEBS) so thats not an issue.

matt

you cant use the squirters cause you will have to drill oil passages and its just not worth that, but you will need the gsr girdle itself, the main bolts for main #2,3,4, they are too short. now you will need the oil pick up from a gsr, the windage tray fron a gsr, and the oil pan from a gsr.

OK. I understand the whole deal with the squirters and such. Last night I pulled apart my new b18B that I picked up this week.Long story short...as i was taking the main caps of the crank, I wanted to see if it would fit. the center main cap on a b18a and b16 are taller than the other four caps. Are the GSR main caps all the same height?(flat) I assuming that they have to be in order for the girdle to lay flat. Also clearence for the windage tray/oil PU/oil pan? Can someone else shed some light on the subject? My block goes in next week to be fully blue and balanced. HELP!

Originally posted by hybrid89@Jan 30 2004, 03:14 PM
Also clearence for the windage tray/oil PU/oil pan?

i dont know about the height of the main caps, but i know you will need the GSR windage tray, oil pickup, and oil pan. with all the gsr parts, it should fit together fine

Back