GSR motor........... anyone

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18hatch9

motor:
jdm gsr motor from hmotorsonline.com
b16 pistons...brand new with new rings...looking at 11.4-11.7:1 compression
brand new arp rod bolts
brand new main and rod bearings
PnP head with 3 angle valve job, polished chambers
CTR intake cam

motor is freshly built. i went too high on the compression, so i will sell it.

so let me know if anyone is interested. i haven't even put the motor in the car yet, still sitting fresh.

throw me your offers

located in TX

Originally posted by 97CTR@Apr 25 2005, 04:22 AM
dude how is that too much compression? going turbo?
[post=491092]Quoted post[/post]​

high... i thought the compression was good. 11.4:1, but this other guy was saying its a little high.

IMO its perfect.....12.0:1 is starting to get high....and the CR does not matter as long as you tune for the pump gas youll be using on any EMS

i think the compression you chosen is great for N/A. with the right cams you'd be pulling in good power. I'm guessing that you're going for Forced Induction???; also with that ctr cam you have, how much overlap does it have?

Originally posted by DesertNightEagle@Apr 25 2005, 11:50 AM
i think the compression you chosen is great for N/A. with the right cams you'd be pulling in good power. I'm guessing that you're going for Forced Induction???; also with that ctr cam you have, how much overlap does it have?
[post=491242]Quoted post[/post]​

don't know how much the overlap is with the CTR intake cam.

i wanted my car to be quick all motor until i got a turbo kit, thats why i went with the 11.4:1 compression. i thought that would be good for about 8psi of boost and then my car would really move with 8psi :D

You could pull it off, and be damn fast, just tune the hell out of it.

I'll give you an AE86 Corolla GT-S with blacktop 20valve swap for that motor and 4k dollars.

:D

Back