GSR preparation for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luke18

Hello ...
Don't know if this is the right forum ....

I am getting ready to install my GSR into my civic, this weekend. I will be turbocharging it next year also I am planing on using about 12 PSI. I have been debting if I should change the internals now or next year. I am planing on using JE 9:1 pistons and Eagle H rods. I was thinking of change the cams to turbo one. Either crower stage 2 or skunk2 stage 2, not sure which ones would be best with the level of PSI I will be using. For springs and retainers I dont know which ones to get, any suggestions? What else should I change? Thanks for the advise.

I wouldn't do any internal work unless your wanting to make big horsepower for use on the track. A properly tuned stock GSR with turbo should have no problem making a realiable 300whp. If you get that far and it's still not enough then build the bottom end.

screw the internals, focus on engine/fuel management, and think in terms of POWER not PSI, and you'll be on your way without opening it up

Back