1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR preparation for turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by Luke18, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Luke18

Luke18 Junior Member

Hello ...
    Don't know if this is the right forum ....

I am getting ready to install my GSR into my civic, this weekend. I will be turbocharging it next year also I am planing on using about 12 PSI. I have been debting if I should change the internals now or next year. I am planing on using JE 9:1 pistons and Eagle H rods. I was thinking of change the cams to turbo one. Either crower stage 2 or skunk2 stage 2, not sure which ones would be best with the level of PSI I will be using. For springs and retainers I dont know which ones to get, any suggestions? What else should I change? Thanks for the advise.

2. beerbongskickass

beerbongskickass Senior Member

I wouldn't do any internal work unless your wanting to make big horsepower for use on the track. A properly tuned stock GSR with turbo should have no problem making a realiable 300whp. If you get that far and it's still not enough then build the bottom end.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

screw the internals, focus on engine/fuel management, and think in terms of POWER not PSI, and you'll be on your way without opening it up

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted