gsr project for me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

i am thinking about building up my gsr motor. its stock right now and i was wondering how much will it cost to make zero miles on it.

PLAN: get new b16a pistons (about $250 with rings and pins) and use an ls crank(free). how much will the machine and installation and all the new seals and gasket will cost me?? first time building up a motor and this is what i have in mind.

any ideas for me???

if you want o build your motor up, go with aftermarket pistons, rods,etc. it might be a little more expensive but the extra power will be there to back it up.. seals and gaskets are not that much at all.. maybe $50 for all of them..

I'm not an expert on the subject, but why would you want to use an LS crank? Isn't a gsr crank better as far as reving high? This is just assumption on my part because I don't know that much about it but can anyone enlighten us?

ill use the ls crank for a bit more displacement. i want a fresh motor, almost brand new but will use some used parts. i just wanted to see how much to rebuild a motor with all stock parts still, thats all. its so i know the motor will be real reliable.

but aftermarket parts are made for higher revs, and built up engines.. depending on the right parts you get and what they r made for(like what rpm, all motor or turbo, etc.) they will be reliable and dependable.. its easier to tell what kind of horsepower you are going to get out of aftermarket parts than you could from oem stuff...

Back