GSR rear Disks ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SunShine00

Eager Student
I was wondering if anyone knows if
Gsr rear disk's will fit in place of my old honda si rear disk's brakes ? like jus the disks cause the old ones are warpd

rep points to any replys :)

if by 'disks' you mean rotors, why not just get new rotors?

i'm doing a rear disc swap right now on my car, and from what i've learned, all integra rear disc brakes are the same size, the same size as civic si rear disc, except for the integra type-r. so if you have a 4x100 lug pattern, gsr rotors should be the same as si ones.

but in the case your not talkin about rotors, i dont know how the spindle could warp. or the wheel axle assembly. pretty sure you mean rotors... eh?

hmm, yea i thought you had rear disk brake a calliper and a pad, im not sure what the rotor is ??? but i think i need new rotors, and gsr ones im guessing should be better that the honda si 's

No sir. either one will technically be the same thing. if you want better rotors, get Powerslot rotors. And just get em for the Si, it really doesnt matter. while your at it, upgrade your pads to something like Hawk HPS.

fyi, GS-R anything doesnt mean it's better at all. The GS-R is to Type-R as Civic Si is to Civic Type-R.

rear_brake_pads.jpg

Considering we're talking about the rear brakes here I would just replace them with OEM parts. The rear brakes only do a fraction of the braking power that the front brakes do. Also, to the OP, are you sure that your rear rotors are warped? It's not very common for that to happen unless you drive with the parking brake on or something.

If you're looking to upgrade your stopping power concentrate on the front brake system.

+1 on pretty much everything that's been said here.

Pretty much any Civic or Integra that uses a 4 x 100 lug setup and has rear disk brakes will have the same size rotors. I would just buy stock replacements for your Si, or get the rotors resurfaced. Switching to a GSR disk isn't going to be any better performance wise.

oh? what pads did you have?

I myself just use Duralast autozone blanks, cuz they have a warrenty if they warp and they cost next to nothing. you can afford to change your rotors everytime you change your pads with those ^_^

Really no reason to run Powerslot rotors on the rear brakes.. Brembo is more than sufficient as far as rear brakes are concerned like was mentioned already.

The pads are what makes the difference for the most part.

cool thanks for the help , u all seem to know what u are talking about , and i appreciate that, but i was wondering about cost ? , how much should i expect to pay for 2 rear si rotors, and pads ?

you shouldnt have to pay too much... i got 4 blank rotors and new pads all around for around $50 at a local autoparts store... pretty sure they were all Federated Auto Parts products...

Back