1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gsr Shifting Problems.

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by indeskater, Jul 28, 2003.

1. indeskater

indeskater Member

95' Gsr. Hydrolic Clutch.
    Clutch very hard to push.
    Clutch releases very different from my other Ls Engine, (in my civic).

OK, i have been noticeing that it is getting very hard to shift. Will go partly into gear, but then at the "gate" it just won't hardly go into gear. Then when it goes into gear, it feels like something just isn't lined up.

Could My sencronizers be out? are they and expensive item?

Could it be that my clutch is going out (which i think the pressure plate is bad),and is somehow not disengaging the clutch all of the way so that it will go into gear easily?

If i go with puting a clutch in, would it be smart to put in the syncros while the engine is out?

any help is appreciated. thanks.

2. SleEPeR_CRX

SleEPeR_CRX Senior Member

well, u dont replace syncro's u replace the tranny. once the syncro's are gone so is the tranny. my best advice, get new GSR tranny, New act clutch and pressure plate, get a 12-14 LBS flywheel.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

sounds like the torsion springs on the clutch are going bad...

4. eyesonlybob

eyesonlybob Senior Member

sure you do. ive heard of people doing it. in fact, i just read a thread on h-t bout it.

5. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

replacing, the syncros, is a chocie.. its just kinda expensive to have a shop do. Maybe you should read a how to on doin it yourself, and then find out what the total parts cost compared to a new trans. And go from there, good luck. But like b said it sounds like your slutch.

6. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

ya, either the springs from the pressure plate or maybe your throwout bearing is not lined up correctly on the fork. this happened to me when i did my clutch, and it ended up being the tabs on my throwout bearing got misaligned off the fork when puttin the tranny back on. i had the same symptoms.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted