GSR starter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sleeper759

I just installed a GSR in my 93 EG but the starter that i got with the motor works when i have it out, but as soon as its put in the tranny no dice. I can hear the arm coming out but just wont crank so i am wondering if there is a dff between an auto tranny starter and a manual tranny starter? or could there be something else wrong with the starter?

There is a difference between the auto and the manual starter for a gsr, and probably for any car, but yes the part numbers are totally different between auto and manual (according to alldata)

So i guess thats what the problem is then, the teeth on the starter wont mesh with the flywheel because the starter is from an automatic gsr.

there is no such thing as an automatic gsr, at least not here in the US, they only came manual, you must have a starter for an auto integra LS. Get a starter for a manual and you shoudl be all set.

The Starter that was sold to me with the engine is a Denso 228000-2050. My friend works at denso, so i was wondering if anyone knows the numbers that come on the gsr starter?

the OEM part number is 06312p72a01rm I have no clue about a denso number

Back