1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR Swap DA

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by b16GSR, Oct 31, 2007.

1. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

ok so i have a 91 Integra LS with 94 GSR swap. I am looking to do an all motor build on it and get about 250hp to the wheels. I lost my license for 6 months so i have the time to do it. Money is no object as i am a union welder and get a pretty beffy paycheck. I have things picked out but i need some more advice.

HEAD:
    Crower Stage 2 Cams
    Crower Springs (dual spring)
    Crower Titanium Retainers
    Crower Cam Gears
    Crower Stainless Steel Valves
    Stage 2 P+P

BLOCK:
    New GSR Block
    Eagle Lightweight Crank
    Eagle H-Beam Rods
    Toga Main and Rod Bearings
    JE 11.5:1 pistons
    JE Piston Rings
    ARP Rod Bolts
    ARP Main Studs
    ARP Head Studs
    Felpro Head Gasket

AIR AND FUEL
    Apexi Neo
    Greddy 550cc injectors
    Venom Fuel Rail
    BBK Fuel Pump (255lph)
    B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
    BBK 70mm Throttle Body

I already have a stage 3 clutch, stage 3 axel shafts, a BBK intake manifold, a Ractive Cold Air, and a B&M short shifter. If anyone has any suggestions or changes they would make to the list of parts let me know.

Thanks

2. B16RacerN2NR

B16RacerN2NR Working Hard VIP

Seems like it'll be a nice set up but 250 whp on an all motor build is gonna be tough. I've seen someone with a similar build to what you wanna do except they were doing a B20/Vtec and they ended up with 238 whp. So i think with a 1.8 it's gonna be a little more tougher.

The only things I would change on your list is the head gasket and pistons. I would go with an OEM head gasket and for the pistons I would go up to at least 12:1 to take more advantage of the stage 2 cams. 12.5:1 if possible but running pump gas might create a problem unless you pull a little timing so it doesn't detonate to all hell.

Goodluck :thumbsup:

3. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

I was looking at a higher compession piston but if i do something real aggressive like a 12.5:1 then i have to worry about the torque of my stock starter. And with a Neo, a really good tune, and some timing sorcery im sure i could hit 250.

4. b16GSR

b16GSR B Series Guru

well...what does everyone think

bump

5. norcalgsr

norcalgsr Honda Master Technician

I'm pretty much in agreement with B16's post.. if you're concerned with running 12+ compression at least bump it up into the 11's to take advantage of the cams. Other than that & the Honda head gasket I think you have a pretty good list there.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted