gsr swap for a 99 civic ex.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djdc87

hello everyone, im doing a gsr swap into a 99 civic EX, and ive been researching this for a while, and im pretty much know everything im going to get, now, heres my problem, i know you've gottta get axles, shift linkage, motor mounts. now what else would i need? like radiator hoses? what about power steering, and ive read something about ac mounts, and some say the wiring harness from the 99 civic ex will actually work. thanks in advance for any help everyone.

you gotta change the upper rad hose out with an integra one, you gotta change the power steering hose from an integra(the civic one isnt long enough), and get the integra backets for both ac and power streering. the wiring can be used but you gotta buy a conversion harness to plug in the b18 ecu. might need some others but cant think of them right now.

If the engine is OBD2, you won't need a conversion harness.
If the engine is OBD1, then Karmunkey is correct and you will need an OBD2>OBD1 jummper harness.

I used my stock hoses from my D-Series on my B18B1 swap. I didn't have AC or PS so I'm not too sure on those. Though on the AC I think you might need to get a 93-95 Del Sol VTEC AC bracket (off of a b16). I think I've read about that somewhere.

Back