GSR Swap in 92 CX....no vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPOOLEDCRXB18

Hey guys....My first post here, but have always turned here for useful info. The Admins of this site have doen a really great job....now down to business

I just swapped in a 94 GSR motor in my 92 CX hatch. NOw as far as Im told, all 92 civics are pre-wired for vtec. Well it seems as my car has no vtec, and was wondering if it could be form the O2 sensor. Now my theory is, since it was wired for vtec, it would have that as well, and there are no CEL's, so if the ecu wasnt reading a heater circuit it should poop the light on. Right or wrong? To be honest I hahvent really researched the wiring to seeif it actually has the vtec wiring. BUt just though I would thow it out there and see whta you guys thought. Thanks in advance for your help.

Well I'm using a P28, but not chipped....I can not use the P72 right now, because the Knock sensor was broken, and being that I am staioned in Germany right now, Honda parts arent exactly quick and abundant.My only choice is the dealer which is a pain in itself. The car runs really good, although seems to be running really rich.

Well, it isn't 100 percent that all 92's are prewired for vtec. If it is it would still only be prewired from the ecu to the strut tower and would have to be wired to the engine from there. First thing is to see if the ecu has wires from the vtec pin as well as for the pressure switch.

not all 92-95 hatchbacks came pre-wired for VTEC from the factory. only the VX and SI. where did you get the p28? im tired and ill post more tomorrow.. so sleepy.....

Ok well I came to my shop a lil ealry this morning to check out the wiring...I did have a wire that was loose in the connector goin to the solenoid. I fixed it, and all the wires are there...so I do have vtec now. I also learned why you gotta use a chipped P28...the crossover, and rev limit sucks...LOL

Thanks for your help guys...was appreciated.

Originally posted by SPOOLEDCRXB18@Apr 2 2004, 09:21 AM
Ok well I came to my shop a lil ealry this morning to check out the wiring...I did have a wire that was loose in the connector goin to the solenoid. I fixed it, and all the wires are there...so I do have vtec now. I also learned why you gotta use a chipped P28...the crossover, and rev limit sucks...LOL

Thanks for your help guys...was appreciated.

yea, deftenly a reason to get it chiped/reprogramed.

Where are you stationed in Germany? I am over here too.

And Hellbent, yes ALL 92's are wired to the canon plug for vtec, only the Si/EX, and hte VX run it all the way to the motor.

Bamberg, do you know any of the guys in Ramstein?

naw..I really havent ventured out a whole lot. I heard there is a couple turbo'd hondas out in Ramstein though...I think ones a teggy, and another a hatch or something. Over here in Mannheim, there arent really a whole lot of fast imports, more rice than anyhting...though there is a few WRX's...How far is Bamberg from Mannheim? IS that where the track is at?

No track here, I hear though they are opening one in Mannheim, or K town. A 1/4 mile, sometimes we go out to Hockenheim for free day. We're about 3.5 hours from you. There's a club in Ramstein, but I only know a couple of those guys, one has a boosted teg, and the other soon will be running a B16AT. Down here, mostly a bunch of rice, and the Honda guys don't really seem to get into building something real. A couple ITR's, but nothing really fast, other than a blown Stang GT, a couple dying SRT-4's, and a sick Grand National. All our real guys it seems have left in the last coupe years.

Yea same thing over here... I havent even heard about a track over here...that would be great, if they did, but prolly wouldnt be done before I left... :(
What's your MOS??? Know of any good places to get parts?

Back