Gsr Swap In 93 Dx Wiring Questions - Your Help Would Be Appreciated

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9000_red

i'm trying to figure out a couple of things about wiring vtec. i've searched, but haven't quite figured it all out yet.

i have a complete wrecked 95 gsr, so any gsr parts i need to use, i have available. the motor is in my 93 civic dx coupe, and it runs. i ran wires to the vtec solenoid and purge valve and the knock sensor with no problem. i found the two wire connector for evap purge power and solenoid on my gsr harness, and i'm working on hooking that up as well. 2 things i do not understand:

can i run a wire from a17 (iab) at the ecu to the cannon plug, since i'm using the gsr harness? if so, is the cannon plug wiring a different color than pink/blue, like it is at the ecu? i cannot find a pink/blue wire on my gsr engine harness at all. in the gsr, i found the pink/blue wire at the ecu, but not at the cannon plug. what do i do, is it a different color? do i run a wire from a17 on the ecu straight to the iab, bypassing the cannon plug? if so, i can do that, but i'd like to know for sure.

question 2, evap purge power just needs a 12v power source, what is the recommended place to get that from? use and empty pin on the ecu, tap into another wire, or run it to my fuse box under the steering column?

i've read dozens of links, but haven't found one that addresses these problems specifically. any help would great!

hey man. im not exactly sure what you are asking about the vtec. you are talking about your gsr harness, so im guessing you took that and are using it in your dx with the gsr ecu? as far as the iab, i believe the wire is only pink, not pink and blue. you should be able to find the plug for it, i dont know why you wouldnt be able to unless you overlooked it looking for a different color variation. but yes if need be you can always just direct wire it it serves the same purpose. and evap purge control sol. is a20, and is red/grn.

Last edited:
i found and traced all the wires. this is my first b-series, and i hadn't had to locate the iab sensor before, which is hidden well under the intake manifold. also, most of the diagrams show the pink and blue wire at the ecu, and i assumed that the passenger side cannon plug had the iab wiring, when the driver side has it. it's just a little confusing at first. but yes, i am using the gsr harness and ecu. anyway, i'm getting it figured out, and i'll probably do a little write up for others to avoid the headaches... thanks for the help!

Back