GSR Swap Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CX Hatch

What's up guys? I swapped a OBD1 B18C1 into my CX hatch yesterday and I have a few questions I need to ask.

First one, is what are the nut sizes for the right motor mount (when facing the front of the car)?

What does this wire go to (near the rear mount on the backside of the engine)?
25yvbqx.jpg

Can I pull this green sensor off my JDM D15B and replace it for the broken one on the GSR?
w80uhz.jpg

Thanks guys. More questions to come.

oil pressure sensor will work and if u are using DC mounts with studs they are 14 mm. if not 14 then they are 17 mm that plug hanging looks like 4 wire o2 sensor

Where does it plug into? I can't really see much from under the car.

Dizzy? Alt? Intake manifold? Throttle Body? These all must be OBD1....as well as the ECU and wiring harness. Well.....you dont have to do this and there's always some half ass'd way but I have always thought that OBD1 should be in OBD1 cars.

Oh I agree with you completely. But the swap I got was a 95 and apparently has an OBD2 harness. I don't have the distributor so when looking for one was when I found out I needed an OBD2, due to the single plug that it goes to it. But how do I tell if the other parts are OBD1 or 2?

95 is obd1, get obd1 stuff, including harness for ease of installation without extra plugs for sensors that arent in a obd1 ecu.

Get a 92-95 civic VX, EX or Si harness at a junkyard (recycler) and it will work with some lengthening of the VTEC lines. You can pick one up for $50-125. And find a tuner to set you up with a chipped D series ECU for the B18C1. They can bypass the knock sensor and some other sensor. And get an OBD1 dizzy....if all else is OBD1...(alternator, injectors etc) you will be good to go.

Yeah, the I just did some tracing and the wiring harness is OBD1 except for the distributor plug, so I'm going to get an OBD2 distributor and use my p28 ecu with a gsr basemap.

So the original motor had this harness that was re-wired for the OBD2 Dizzy? Well at least it wasn't a rat's nest of barrel connectors, duck tape and bailing wire

Sounds like it should be good to go soon.

So if I use my chipped P28 ECU that was running the D15B Vtec, would I need to do any vtec wiring? The new chip is a stock GSR basemap.

And besides looking at the distributor, I'm fucking clueless on how to tell if my current engine harness is OBD1 or OBD2. I can't get in contact with the previous owner. Is there a way to tell? Because now I think the harness is OBD2. Thanks.

Last edited:
The engine harness and everything is OBD2 so can I run the chipped p28? Anyone know.

And no I don't care to convert anything to OBD1, so don't tell me that.

I'm not sure if it works. And I wouldn't ever try it. You can always run a chipped P28 with a base map for your motor but you will need to convert the engine harness plugs for Alt O2 and the Dizzy (which you said you already did the dizzy). If you are hell bent on keeping the OBD2 stuff on the motor, you should research and find out what the possibilities are.

Back