gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HarosGsRek

hey guys im having some problems. i have a 98 honda civc dx (obd2).

i put in a gsr obd1 motor, im using the obd2 dx engine harness. im also using a obd2a to obd1 jumper harness with a p28.

now my car will not rev up when i give it gas, well just a little...then itll cut off and die. does anyone know what the hell is going on i think ive tried about everything and asked everyone and nothing.

thanks guys.

Trade

Hey fellas I have a 97 civic Hx completely stock excellent condition one my buddies wants a trade for his 97 ek with b16 head b18c1 block good and headers intake good idea?

id keep yours and build it up yourself. it s a good setup but you dont know how good of work he did. why does he wanna trade it?

Wanna keep it but then again I don't enough money to do the swap on it and tryin to go for the look too... Cuz he owns a dealership and he has on the lot but he said no one is interested on it...

had same problem with my h22 its the injectors and possible timing. check those two things and let me know what you came up with....

^^^agree....or you need to express what you did to deal with the VTEC wiring.
Injectors wiring could be a problem too but not sure about obd1-obd2 mix up.
If it was me and I didn't personally know someone to give me a 'good' chipped p28
I would look into an obd2 p72 and get dizzy, alt, and injectors obd2 as well. Most
people will say it is fine the way your heading...and they're right just not what I
would do to fix the problem. I figure the same obd is the best policy

Back