Gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I pulled the motor in my del sol with no lift and one helper in 2.5 hours so I figured 2-3 hours to pull in here with all the rift equipment

185k is a lot of miles but service it and clean it up before you put it in. and it will last you awhile...

I'm gonna freshen it up! Water pump t- belt oil pump etc... The kid he bought it from said the motor had 80k but when I started it up the lifters were ticking like a mother fucker so I was thinking about rebuilding the top end and putting new rings on the pistons. I'm not in any rush so I'm gonna take my time and sink some money into it and do it right

Ok any suggestion on brands??? I'm not looking to go top of the line but in looking for something that's got good bang for the buck

How about the shift linkage from te integra?? When I got the car someone cut and welded the shift linkage and it doesn't feel right? What will I have to do with wiring?? What harness should I use ???

Use the good linkage out of the GSR, wiring is just running the two wires from the vtec to the ecu.. And use the harness that is in your car..

It's easy just three wire one ground out on motor, I usually use the battery ground on the tranny.. And the other two run straight to the ecu, there is a page here for the pinouts for it...

Is your car a EX, DX......or what

Last edited:
Ex with a b18b1 with a harness that has connectors over by the drives front strut tower. Does that give you a idea of what harness I have??? Is there any way to tell what year my engine is ???

Well then you have no wiring to do just plug in play... The year will be on the head right above the manifold, as long as the head hasn't been changed then the block will be the same..

The car hauls ass now. The edelbrock throttle body and the skunk 2 manifold make a big difference !! It makes the intake sound ridiculous. Am I gonna notice a big difference going over to the gsr??? I have a gsr tranny in there now and it pulls pretty hard!

But I don't think it has the stock harness it has the b18b1. Can the b18b1 run on the ex harness ???

Ok I will check it out tomorrow. Do you think I'm going to notice a big difference from the Ls to the gsr??? What's the go and torque difference ???

Back