Gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hell yeah I can't wait to get in the civic. I drove the teggy gsr a few times and it hauled ass but it's Alot heavier than my car

2890.jpg

Like Hondafreak said....you can run VTEC but its a tiny bit involved. You cannot wire the VTEC to anything without the pins (either ECU plug pins or shock tower plug pins). Hit up a junkyard and get a shock tower plug off a Honda (I figure OBD1 or OBD2....Civic or Integra) so you can get some pins out of it. Cut the wires long. Then you need to find out where they need to be inserted into the blank/rubber plugged/empty spots on the LS harness....research it. Maybe ffsquad or something. I found it before so you can too.

Plus.....you need to run a knock sensor wiring all the way to the ECU (One ECU donor pin needed). Or......run a chipped ECU with the knock sensor/etc deleted and then have it At Least street tuned by someone who knows how to do it right.

All I want to write for now lol

Well the ecu should be a P75 for a B18b1, the harness will have the two extra plugs by the dizzy for the vtec... Pull the ecu out and get the numbers but if it runs good then it most likely is a P75..

What should I expect to pay for parts to rebuild that motor with oem parts

First part of that journey only costs an internet connection lol. Read around here and you can get a good idea of what you want this rebuild to be. The actual OEM parts aren't that expensive....depending on the "rebuild" but I figure a nice refreshing of the motor.....

piston rings, bearings and a make shift honing. Plus a valve job, timing belt, oil pump, water pump, etc, etc (if you choose)

Well the ecu should be a P75 for a B18b1, the harness will have the two extra plugs by the dizzy for the vtec... Pull the ecu out and get the numbers but if it runs good then it most likely is a P75..

Are you saying the LS harness has two plugs not being used? P75? I'm talking about wiring under the hood for VTEC

the LS harness does not have VTEC plugs there.....I had the swap in my hatch for 10+ years.......no wires or I would have used it for my B16!

Last edited:
First part of that journey only costs an internet connection lol. Read around here and you can get a good idea of what you want this rebuild to be. The actual OEM parts aren't that expensive....depending on the "rebuild" but I figure a nice refreshing of the motor.....

piston rings, bearings and a make shift honing. Plus a valve job, timing belt, oil pump, water pump, etc, etc (if you choose)

I'm gonna do all that stuff and maybe a little more depends on my funds because I'm gonna be a little limited on cash?? Would it be better to just switch the gsr head to the Ls block????

Hey CAFROG that part is ok his car is a EX model...lol

OP asked about using a LS engine harness.....it does not have VTEC lines. Thats what my post addressed. If he can get the GSR harness off that Integra.....its plug and play

That's what I thought I've read it was a bad idea . I have everything for the gsr so I think im better off doing the full swap?? So if I use my stock harness which computer would I use and would my car be obd1 or obd2???

Oh ok my bad CAFROG I was referring to if he had the stock EX harness in the car...

And Ls94civic I would get a obd1 p72 ecu to run it..

Back