Gsr swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tumiljones

I have a 2000 civic hatch and have bought a full 1995 gsr integra for a parts car. I know the integra shares the same engine bay with eg style civic and you can use the integra mounts. Just wondering if the same is true for the ek. What parts are not interchangeable is basically all I want to get an idea of before I get balls deep and find out I forgot to buy something.

You will need mounts for both the trans and the motor. You will want to keep the linkage from the trans. You will need to decide weather or not you want to keep the motor obd1 or go to obd2 with it as your car is obd2, but a jumper harness can help. You will need the GSR ECU as your car proably does not have one for it. just some quick tips to start

You will need the rear T bracket, and front engine post mount (mount inside the timing cover) from a 99-00 si.
Use the civic top transfer mounting bracket
Use the gsr front trans torque mount bracket with the civic body mount
Use the gsr AC bracket mount with the civic body mount
Use the gsr shift linkage
Use the gsr axles
Use the civic harness and add wiring for vtec etc
Use a obd2b to obd1 jumper harness for the gsr Ecu if you don't need to pass emissions, if you do, find an obd2b gsr Ecu
Use a distributor adapter plug to use the obd1 dizzy with an obd2 harness, or you can wire the obd1 plug to the obd2b harness.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head..

Do some research, this has been done multiple times around this forum.

Good luck.

Back