GSR-T....need opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

streetz95GSR

I'm lookin 2 boost my GSR soon, and am curious 2 know if anyone has boosted a GSR with stock internals, and if u had any troubles with it, liked it disliked it? I plan on getting a new built block in a few months, so i would run no more than 10 psi, i know with stock internals i could run a thicker head gasket and be aight for a while. I just wanna know if anyones been down the same road? let me know, thanx.

i forgot 2 add that my friend and I did a compression test on it, cuz it just turned over 100k, and the compression is up round 190/200 in each cylinder, so the motor has been taken care of....

I ran turboed with stock internals with a 2mm Cometic copper head gasket, but I turboed a b16. A friend of mine did a compression check on his gsr motor before he put his turbo kit on and it came out to around the same as yours per cylinder. his motor detonated in less than a week.

If you don't care about your block and are getting a new one then go for it I guess.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Mar 5 2004, 11:06 PM
I ran turboed with stock internals with a 2mm Cometic copper head gasket, but I turboed a b16. A friend of mine did a compression check on his gsr motor before he put his turbo kit on and it came out to around the same as yours per cylinder. his motor detonated in less than a week.

If you don't care about your block and are getting a new one then go for it I guess.

You blow a motor that fast and it was either 1)Not very good to begin with or 2)Was romped on by some idiot.

I'm gonna go with option 3) the compression was too high, there were no fuel upgrades and it wasn't tuned.

my friend changes motors more than he changes his underwear...literally.

and option 3 will continue to make or break motors- stock or not.

Tuned with adequate fuel, you will have no problems running 10 pounds on an average size t3/t04e.
since you're going to upgrade later- ,why not consider getting a hondata system NOW. then, after you pull this block, you can sell it and get something back- instead of saying, wow- nice hole in the block

Back