gsr tranny question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bannacrx

hi my names bruce. first post for me.

ive got a honda crx but it has an integra gsr b18 in it. wasnt sure where to post so i figured id come here b.c the motor is integra.

i just got the car a few days ago and still have much to learn about it. ive got alot to learn about honda period. its quick and has absolutely no problem getting up to speed. but, i found that when im riding at about 70 mph, the rpms are riding near 4000. i cant really stay at higher speeds because the rpms ride so high the closer i get to 100. my question is, i dont know if its the stock crx si transmission or the gsr tranmission. would the stock crx transmission work with the gsr motor or must it b the gsrs transmission?

It cannot be the stock d-series transmission, they do not bolt up to b-series motors. It's totally normal for the RPMs to be that high. You could have either a GSR or B16 transmission; both of which are great for your setup. The question is whether or not you have a cable transmission or a hydraulic one that's been converted. Get us a pic of the engine bay and we can further help identify the transmission.

It cannot be the stock d-series transmission, they do not bolt up to b-series motors. It's totally normal for the RPMs to be that high. You could have either a GSR or B16 transmission; both of which are great for your setup. The question is whether or not you have a cable transmission or a hydraulic one that's been converted. Get us a pic of the engine bay and we can further help identify the transmission.
This is true

Back