gsr tranny swap into my DA help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zellis

im putting this b18c s80 hydro tranny into my 90' da, which currently has a b16a2 engine and cable tranny. ive already taken out the cable trans and installed a new clutch and im ordering a cable to hydro actuator. all i need to know is.. the guy i talked to on the phone who im ordering the actuator from said i need to swap out the drivers side tranny mount. i dont really know what he meant. is there some special mount i need to install this gsr tranny? i thought the b series trannys just drop right in with any b-series engine... any help is appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
well i thought all bserires were all the same mounts too but i would call the guy back and ask him what he meant... but i have a question for you i have a 90 Da that im putting a b16a in... what do you think about yours?

ok. everyone keeps telling me the same thing. apparently only ONE mount MAY need to be replaced... is this becuz the tranny just doesnt match up to the original mount? nobody has been able to give me an explanation. also what mount DO i need then.. is it a "gsr hydro tranny" mount? is this somethin that the original tranny had? if so couldnt i just find one in town... or do i need some special hasport mount?

well i thought all bserires were all the same mounts too but i would call the guy back and ask him what he meant... but i have a question for you i have a 90 Da that im putting a b16a in... what do you think about yours?

well.. i mean its an s1 cable tranny... its ok i guess... not a s good as this gsr hydro im tryin to drop in, heh. anyway im just tryin to find out one thing. do i HAVE to replace the right hand tranny mount when putting in this gsr tranny? nobody will give me a defninite answer... i KNOW a million of u guys out there have done this. i just need to know if i need to order a mount or what. thanks.

there are different tranny mounts for cable and hydro.. i'm sure thats what he meant

so i ordered the tranny mount and the cable to hydro actuator from innovative mounts... however now that i have my car apart and im looking at it all, i do NOT see how the front is supposed to mount.. my DA has a front mount where the old tranny was with the two holes goin horizontally. that mount doesnt match up to this hydro tranny. and i dont even see how there could possibly be a work around as there are no holes to even mount some sort of custom mount in the front... can someone who knows about how this works explain to me real quick what im missing here? i just dont get it. if anyone has like a pic of a successful hydro to cable convesion in a DA please link me or something. my car is sitting here in pieces.. please help! i need to get this done in the next 24 hours... :(

Back