gsr tranny to ls tranny swap. cracked bellhousing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bannacrx

hi. i have a slight problem. ive got a b18c1 gsr with gsr tranny. well i managed to crack the bellhousing now all my clutch fluid just leaks out. 3 questions if i may.

im pretty sure it will but will a tranny off a 95 integra ls bolt up on my gsr b.c i have one in good condition. both are 5 speed trannys. infact i have the whole car and our plans are to swap the gsr into the ls.

2nd question are the 2 bellhousing the same so i can swap them?

last question how much driving can the cracked tranny take with no clutch fluid before clutch burns and tranny damage.

i welded mine up on my h22a tranny its alummium

1: Yes. It will go either way.
2: Yes.
3: Its already dead. Unless you are planning on swapping the internals over, who cares?

P.S. Cast Iron made me giggle.

well the only current workable driving car i have is my rex with the cracked b18 bellhousing. forced to drive it because i cant always get rides and dont have much money at the moment. swapping the clutch in my 92 hatch but gonna take me another day so i still have to drive the car around today. its been driven without clutch fluid for 2/3 days. total of about 50 miles. i know its stupid but no choice. just curious time frame before i do some major damage

If its the bell housing just keep filling it with 10w40, just like the motor. You are talking about the actual fluid you put into the tranny not hydraulic clutch fluid(a.k.a dot 4)right. Go ahead amd put the gsr internals into the ls case. You do not want a ls tranny unless you are going to boost.

?

ls tranny preferred for boost? could you explain? and i very well will probably end up using the ls tranny either way for now. also whats the disadv's of using the ls on the gsr not boosted?

The ls tranny gearing is much longer than the gsr. If you were to put a turbo on a gsr you wouldnt be able to keep your car in peak rpm range for real long, you would run out of gear. Not the same for an ls.

Back