gsr tranny vs ls tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SacTownsGreatest39

i have a b18c1 and i was wondering wich tranny to go with a gsr tranny or ls tranny since it has longer gear rations?

the GSR tranny will give you faster acceleration
the longer gearing of the LS tranny will give you higher top speeds, but it will take considerably longer to get to them
the LS tranny will also give you better fuel mileage due to being at lower RPMs while cruising at any given speed

i would go with the GSR tranny without a doubt

yeah, no contest. gsr tranny all the way. much better acceleration, plus going superfast high end isn't a good idea. although i've heard of people putting the ls 5th gear into a gsr tranny so you might want to look into that.

It's quicker, it revs higher in the same gears. Some people complain about the high rpms in the city, but all you have to do is gear up, it's that simple. I cruise around town in fourth, if I need to go I downshift to second or third.

yeah but in the same way, on the highway, you have no choice but to be in 5th gear and still do like 3800-4k RPM's

gas mileage suffered considerably on the ls with a b16 trans in my girls old integra

Back