1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gsr tranny vs ls tranny

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by SacTownsGreatest39, Apr 19, 2005.

1. SacTownsGreatest39

SacTownsGreatest39 Junior Member

i have a b18c1 and i was wondering wich tranny to go with a gsr tranny or ls tranny since it has longer gear rations?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

the GSR tranny will give you faster acceleration
    the longer gearing of the LS tranny will give you higher top speeds, but it will take considerably longer to get to them
    the LS tranny will also give you better fuel mileage due to being at lower RPMs while cruising at any given speed

i would go with the GSR tranny without a doubt

3. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

yeah, no contest. gsr tranny all the way. much better acceleration, plus going superfast high end isn't a good idea. although i've heard of people putting the ls 5th gear into a gsr tranny so you might want to look into that.

4. SacTownsGreatest39

SacTownsGreatest39 Junior Member

how about the b16 trannys? some guy said it was better than ls or gs trannys is it true?

5. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

It's quicker, it revs higher in the same gears. Some people complain about the high rpms in the city, but all you have to do is gear up, it's that simple. I cruise around town in fourth, if I need to go I downshift to second or third.

6. Slammed90Lude

Slammed90Lude Senior Member

yeah but in the same way, on the highway, you have no choice but to be in 5th gear and still do like 3800-4k RPM's

gas mileage suffered considerably on the ls with a b16 trans in my girls old integra

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted