GSR tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Estorvito

Soy Boricua
What do you guys think i should do with my swap..
I have a 90 civ. hatch and I want to swap to a Gsr Motor....Now I want to stay with the gsr hydro tranny....
I know Hasport has that Cable to Hydro shi*, but im not too sure about it...
Has any of you guys ever installed one of these kits on their 88-91 civic? How Is It....?..
I called hasport and they said that the conversion itself without the Mounts cost $200.oo... should I just get the whole motor mount kit for $460.oo or should i just get the levers for $200.oo... :huh:
Heres the Link to the mounts....Clickyyyyy....

Thanks
JoJO

c'mon ...anybody?

should i just order the damn kit?

I'll just sit here and wait for reply's........ :zzz:

I had the conversion kit. It was teh pimpin'. Worked great. I read on honda-tech that someone said it made your clutch have a shitty feel, but they're morons because mine felt FINE. It's a great buy, IMO.

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 2 2005, 11:14 PM
I had the conversion kit. It was teh pimpin'. Worked great. I read on honda-tech that someone said it made your clutch have a shitty feel, but they're morons because mine felt FINE. It's a great buy, IMO.
[post=481919]Quoted post[/post]​

NIce....
Ok so I guess I'll buy it monday.......
another question....lol...should I cutomise the gsr linkage to fit the civic or should i just buy the one from hasport? I dont think it would be that hard to customise one....what do you guys think....Blah blah blahh....

Thanks
JoJO

Just buy one from Hasport. Honestly, it's just one less thing that could possibly go wrong.

Here's a couplea pics of my hydro-cable kit for ya:

hasport5op.jpg

dsc003283ez.jpg

dsc003291bf.jpg

Originally posted by civicious@Apr 2 2005, 11:31 PM
Just buy one from Hasport. Honestly, it's just one less thing that could possibly go wrong.

Here's a couplea pics of my hydro-cable kit for ya:

hasport5op.jpg

dsc003283ez.jpg

dsc003291bf.jpg

[post=481933]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks ....
I was just going to ask you for pics.....lol

It looks preetty good... Ok I'll just get the whole kit then.....Thanks again..

JoJO

that converion looks more easier then the cable to hydro in a 98 civic..i have a cable tranny in my ek and when i bought the kit, all it had was just 2 crappy pictures and it took me a week to find out how to put it on..but nice conversion have..very clean

Personally I like the feel of a cable tranny better. Hydro is smoother but it takes some getting used to for quick shifts. I have trouble shifting fast when i switch from my 88 crx to the 05 civic. just a difference in feel though

Originally posted by erikespo@Apr 3 2005, 08:52 AM
Personally I like the feel of a cable tranny better. Hydro is smoother but it takes some getting used to for quick shifts. I have trouble shifting fast when i switch from my 88 crx to the 05 civic. just a difference in feel though
[post=481995]Quoted post[/post]​

see i dont know..I think Hydro Is better...My .02
+ i just bought a hydro tranny from this guy, so I have to get that kit no mater what....

I dont think it would be that hard to install..It looks pretty simple i guess..

I was looking at getting that kit but funds ran a little short, so I ended up getting rid of my hydro tranny and picked up a cable tranny,
I regret that now.
plus I know that a couple of people that have that kit and really rave on it.
best of luck let me know what you think of it, I still might look into getting the kit and another hydro tranny.

Hey if you have access to a torch, some metal, and a drill you can make one of those convestions your self. Just look at how HA sport made it, it's so easy, I did my own too on my 91

Originally posted by CivicR87111@Apr 11 2005, 10:31 PM
Hey if you have access to a torch, some metal, and a drill you can make one of those convestions your self. Just look at how HA sport made it, it's so easy, I did my own too on my 91
[post=485918]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey?

More info please?
SPEAK UP! Do You have pics?

Originally posted by Estorvito+Apr 11 2005, 10:42 PM-->
CivicR87111
@Apr 11 2005, 10:31 PM
Hey if you have access to a torch, some metal, and a drill you can make one of those convestions your self.  Just look at how HA sport made it, it's so easy, I did my own too on my 91
[post=485918]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey?

More info please?
SPEAK UP! Do You have pics?
[post=485924]Quoted post[/post]​

ARe you using the stock gsr mounts too?

I can get u some pic's of mine but it will b awhile, what I did is in a issue of Honda tuning they had an awsome pic of the HA sport one and I copied it but I just used some 1/4" steel & a 1/4" steel rod that was threaded at the ends and used some stock 17mm head bolds into the vibration mount holes on the tranny. If you get a good pic of the HA sport one u can see how they did it and just copy the style.

Originally posted by CivicR87111@Apr 11 2005, 10:48 PM
I can get u some pic's of mine but it will b awhile, what I did is in a issue of Honda tuning they had an awsome pic of the HA sport one and I copied it but I just used some 1/4" steel & a 1/4" steel rod that was threaded at the ends and used some stock 17mm head bolds into the vibration mount holes on the tranny. If you get a good pic of the HA sport one u can see how they did it and just copy the style.
[post=485928]Quoted post[/post]​

You know what..Im gonna try to make one myself....
and again...what mounts did you use for your swap?

He probably used normal b-series swap mounts. Theres no way without a milling machine that you're going to make your own mounts. The cable-hydro conversion shouldn't be that hard to make however.

Although...if it were me, I'd sell the GSR tranny and just get a cable b16 tranny. You'd save money and have better gear ratios. Just my $.02

Originally posted by ktanaka@Apr 12 2005, 07:24 PM
He probably used normal b-series swap mounts. Theres no way without a milling machine that you're going to make your own mounts. The cable-hydro conversion shouldn't be that hard to make however.

Although...if it were me, I'd sell the GSR tranny and just get a cable b16 tranny. You'd save money and have better gear ratios. Just my $.02
[post=486326]Quoted post[/post]​

nah...I like my hydro tranny.....I just bought another one for my ls engine..lol

as for the conv., im going to buy that hasport mount kit....its only 200 bux....

My buddie has a shop and Im sure we can make the mount there...Its not gonna be PERRRTYYYY but it'll probably work.....

Back