gsr tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

doing over 40 mph in the gsr and there is no possible way to downshift to 3rd gear... doesnt' grind, just will not go in. shifting into the other gears is a bitch too but they still dont' grind. the sycros were gone in my del sol so i know the sound of that this is just flat out weird. and it all happened in a matter of a day. i was making my way from western washington to eastern washington doing around 85 in 5th gear so that shouldnt' have had any effect on my tranny. car was fine til i reached where i was going but when i started it up in the morning and took off the clutch chattered like crazy and then i immediately noticed the shifting problem... can a clutch hold you back from even popping into gear>? any ideas would be highly appreciated

before anything,have you checked your tranny fluid? check and see if its full. Kinda sounds like the clutch though.

Originally posted by PolkMomoInMYSi@Jul 24 2005, 03:32 PM
doing over 40 mph in the gsr and there is no possible way to downshift to 3rd gear... doesnt' grind, just will not go in. shifting into the other gears is a bitch too but they still dont' grind. the sycros were gone in my del sol so i know the sound of that this is just flat out weird. and it all happened in a matter of a day. i was making my way from western washington to eastern washington doing around 85 in 5th gear so that shouldnt' have had any effect on my tranny. car was fine til i reached where i was going but when i started it up in the morning and took off the clutch chattered like crazy and then i immediately noticed the shifting problem... can a clutch hold you back from even popping into gear>? any ideas would be highly appreciated
[post=530485]Quoted post[/post]​

Sounds like pressure plate problem, I've encountered that same problem with mine.

It's definitely not syncros.

Yeah, my teggy did something like that, I couldn't shift anywere above 1800 rpm.. No grinds, just wouldn't go..

Two of the clutch springs had popped out of their little cages and were grinding against the flywheel and pressure plate.

thanks for all your input took it to my local mechanic and they said that the clutch was out so sounds like you're all kinda sorta right. i was thinkin about getting a performance clutch anyways so i guess this is a kick in the ass to get 'er done. stage 2 here i come!

Back