gsr turbo prob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmh04

I was woundering if i was 2 turbo a gsr motor would it run well on high compression,if so how muchcompression can i run on it

it actually depends on how much power and boost you want to run. be more specific please. do you mean to ask how much boost you can run with your stock gsr?

no, i hear tht u can run high comp and still run turbo i want 2 know how much psi i can run and is this a good choice

i know, jesus- what a dumb question- dude, read some books on turbocharging a car and figure out how it actually works- obviously since you are ramming tons more air into a cylinder, you don't want to run some astronomical compression ratio- unless you've got a really hard core built motor-

absolutely a waste to run high compression with a turbo. the lower compression the more boost you can run. i think gsr's have 10.5:1 stock cr so the most you 'd be able to boost is about 6 or so. ive heard ppl running a little higher though.

dude, be easy with the misinformation you're posting- the gsr has a 10.0:1 compression ratio- And 6 psi is not the upper limit for boost on a gsr- most of the kits run 7 psi, and a good turbo setup can run up to 12 psi (or more?) with PROPER fueling and tuning

oops my bad! i must've been high or something :roll:

yeah what slammed said, and if you run race gas figure a little more boost possible but remember proper fuel tuning is a must or hello detonation, good bye engine!

sorry for the mispost

i fail to see how its a waste to run a boost on a car with high compression. the extra low end power is nice to have especially for a daily driver. ill agree and say the window for tuning errors is smaller but its definatly not a waste.

It isn't a waste, and there is no set compression to PSI ratio that has to be followed. There is a general guideline of, lower compression equals easier to tune for higher boost. If you want a number just to be happy, ok 11PSI on a 11.5:1 cr. Like Kyle said, it is in the tuning, 20% build 80% tuning.

Back