Gsr Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you dont seem to understand is that the motors displacement and revs arent limiting it. If you turn up the boost by increasing the psi the hp and tq go up correct? So why wouldnt a larger turbo boosting more cfms be limited in how much it can "cram" into the motor when you could turn the boost up on the smaller turbo to get the EXACT SAME GAIN? :whatafucktard:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 19 2003, 10:33 PM-->
Originally posted by SnailOnARampage@Mar 19 2003, 02:35 PM
pissedoffsol
@Mar 19 2003, 12:34 PM
not at all dude.

i give up.

don't give up. prove you are right. Offer something to back up what you are saying.

i shouldn't have to.

the larger turbo simply flows more cfm at any given psi.

period.

Yes that is absolutely true. Not one thing in this post is not true, but you are assuming that just because it CAN push more cf/ms at a given psi, that the engine can accept it. That articles I linked says otherwise.

This holds true for both cars, both intercooled and nonintercooled will be moving 334.2 cfm of air into the cylinders at 5000 rpm. As we will see however, the mass of air flowing is not the same.

its like taking a 3 cubic foot box with an exit hole.. you can't pump MORE air through it b/c it can only hold so much, you can make the box bigger to accept MORE air. The bigger turbo might make densor air, but it can't put something bigger than its destination, in that place without making it accept it.
^^^^^ I think :-/

The point is clear that the motor can accept more air. There are many people running 20+ psi of boost from large turbos (t3/t4, t3/60-1 etc) on a motor with stock displacement, although often built internals. And the air can fit, because it gets COMPRESSED, do you understand that concept? Its not like the air is shoved in there and then the piston goes down and shit wait it wont make it! If a motor can take in and make gains up to 20 psi from that large turbo, it WILL make use of all that it has to offer @ 10 psi, which is alot more hp than a smaller turbo @ 10 psi. But now Im done its clear you arent understanding that it would take an enormous turbo to create enough flow that the motor couldnt accept it...

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 19 2003, 10:40 PM
its like taking a 3 cubic foot box with an exit hole.. you can't pump MORE air through it b/c it can only hold so much, you can make the box bigger to accept MORE air. The bigger turbo might make densor air, but it can't put something bigger than its destination, in that place without making it accept it.
^^^^^ I think :-/

Thanks man, about time someone who agreed with me said something.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 20 2003, 12:46 AM
The point is clear that the motor can accept more air. There are many people running 20+ psi of boost from large turbos (t3/t4, t3/60-1 etc) on a motor with stock displacement, although often built internals. And the air can fit, because it gets COMPRESSED, do you understand that concept? Its not like the air is shoved in there and then the piston goes down and shit wait it wont make it! If a motor can take in and make gains up to 20 psi from that large turbo, it WILL make use of all that it has to offer @ 10 psi, which is alot more hp than a smaller turbo @ 10 psi. But now Im done its clear you arent understanding that it would take an enormous turbo to create enough flow that the motor couldnt accept it...

I can hook a b16 up with 40 psi from a t88. Yes, as you say it will make more air to the motor, but you dont have proof of how much of the pressure is being let out from the BOV..

I know its compressed, but it can only be compressed so much and the more the air, the less it can be compressed.

blow in a straw with half your force and then with all of your force. The same amount of air is being blown through. Now, the harder you blow the faster it goes out, but it doesn't allow more air into the straw b/c the straw is only so big.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Mar 19 2003, 10:52 PM-->
@Mar 20 2003, 12:46 AM

I can hook a b16 up with 40 psi from a t88. Yes, as you say it will make more air to the motor, but you dont have proof of how much of the pressure is being let out from the BOV..

I know its compressed, but it can only be compressed so much and the more the air, the less it can be compressed.

blow in a straw with half your force and then with all of your force. The same amount of air is being blown through. Now, the harder you blow the faster it goes out, but it doesn't allow more air into the straw b/c the straw is only so big.

wohoo!

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Mar 20 2003, 12:52 AM-->

pressure will NOT get released off the BOV at WOT.

hello and welcome to boost spikes.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 20 2003, 12:56 AM
Your lungs dont have anywhere near the strength that turbo charger or a motor does.

No, but its a scaled down model.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 19 2003, 10:56 PM
Your lungs dont have anywhere near the strength that turbo charger or a motor does.

You seem to be missing the point. The only way to get more air into a given space is to either compress it or cool it. The waste gate being set to 10 psi prevents the air from being compressed to any more than 10 psi.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Mar 20 2003, 12:56 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 20 2003, 12:52 AM
mwasnp

pressure will NOT get released off the BOV at WOT.

hello and welcome to boost spikes.

You have to let off. You cant run WOT forever. If you stick your finger at the end of that straw and block the hole every so often and then release it, acting like a piston.

You wont blow more air, rather faster air b/c the straw will only hold so much air b/c of the size of it.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 20 2003, 12:58 AM

i was talking about this.

Originally posted by mwasnp@Mar 19 2003, 11:01 PM
BOV's dont relieve pressure unless the throttle body is closed...

Yeah i believe we already went over this in this thread. Give it a rest.

Yeah I know. I doubt this will be resolved until they accept the fact that an engine has a fixed maximum flow rate, which is determined by displacement x rpms. You can not make an engine use any more cf/ms without raising rpm or displacement. A turbo can not fit any more cf/ms into an engine than the engine could accept with no turbo. The only thing a larger turbo can do is compress the air to a higher pressure, which will make all the air that the turbo can produce flow through the engine.

compressing air does not make it have more pressure.
it makes it more dense, and puts off heat as its byproduct.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 19 2003, 11:33 PM
compressing air does not make it have more pressure.
it makes it more dense, and puts off heat as its byproduct.

On what planet can you compress air and have it not raise the pressure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back