Gsr Turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bigger turbo will run more hp because the air will flow at a cooler temperature, but take an expensive ball bearing turbo with a Good heat effiency and a cheap bigger turbo with a terrible heat effiency, and the ball bearing if it is better at managing heat will flow better. Its not the size of the turbo but the effiency of it.
PSI doens't take into affect temperature and thats what throws everyone off, and why people who know what their doing, don't even rely as much on PSI being produced in the manifold, but for flow (Lb/s per min) like what stock turbo-charged cars come with (Mass flow sensors)

SO what if it is old, the space shuttle is old, TV is old,. Another thing what does it matter how many posts I have? I can have 300 post that doesn't mean I didn't read others, and that doesn't mean I can be as dumb as other people who have a 100. Logic, Reason, and math don't differentiate based on the number of post. Quality vs Quanity...
One last thing stop jumping on the bandwagon because at one point in time people were idiotic to think the world was round, and EVERYBODY thought otherwise except for a few..

Originally posted by preludebuddy@Jul 18 2005, 12:06 AM
and to top it off, its his first post!
[post=527814]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh yeah and Prelude buddy, I read alot of your post however I didn't find anything special or what not, other than the fact that you seem knowledgable in getting the parts. It doesn't seem like you have a quest or knowledge to learn how to make an engine more powerful, just boost until it blows the fuck up so just as some advice with someone with a few post since you don't know what I'm taking about don't open your mouth.

But as I side note I would ask you were to get parts though lol

well, quite an assumption just from looking at my posts. either way, I'm not looking for more than 250 whp. I've learned quite a bit about what I need to obtain my goals, not by creating a shitload of topics asking all the questions I have. I do use the search quite a bit on every site I frequent to answer my questions. I'm sorry if I'm not as knowledgable as you...I wasn't even saying you are wrong. I was just bringing up the point that you brought back a thread that was two years old to make your first post. Didn't mean to start shit...but if thats the way you took it, I am sorry.

Originally posted by preludebuddy@Jul 19 2005, 12:44 AM
well, quite an assumption just from looking at my posts. either way, I'm not looking for more than 250 whp. I've learned quite a bit about what I need to obtain my goals, not by creating a shitload of topics asking all the questions I have. I do use the search quite a bit on every site I frequent to answer my questions. I'm sorry if I'm not as knowledgable as you...I wasn't even saying you are wrong. I was just bringing up the point that you brought back a thread that was two years old to make your first post. Didn't mean to start shit...but if thats the way you took it, I am sorry.
[post=528329]Quoted post[/post]​

Well I accept that and I'm sorry for responding so snap, I guess that does show me being a newbie to posting, anyway as I learn more about this I would be more then happy to relay any information as well as any information is welcome.

livinvtec-- how many turbo cars have you built, tuned, or otherwise have first hand expereince with?

boyle is full of shit.

theres 21312312 more factors in volved than just heat, cfm, and psi.

theres VE, IAT, Baro, elevation, and so on that effect a turbo car.

heres a dyno chart showing an h22 with a t3/t4 @ 12 psi vs a sc61 @ 12 psi

53 whp and 27 wtq difference at same psi

12psi_T3T4_vs_12psi_SC61.jpg

Originally posted by micah@Jul 20 2005, 03:03 AM
heres a dyno chart showing an h22 with a t3/t4 @ 12 psi vs a sc61 @ 12 psi

53 whp and 27 wtq difference at same psi

12psi_T3T4_vs_12psi_SC61.jpg

[post=528885]Quoted post[/post]​

OK First off are they the same Prelude? Remember PSI is created by pressure from the manifold, so if they are to different preludes that can have two different restrictions from the manifold.

What about Temperature any temperature readings, or What about the Efficiency of the turbos?

I bet if it was a ball bearing turbo, same size it would have been either there or close to it, or even more. You can't compare it just by saying its a bigger turbo, if you can give me a link and i'll do more research myself. If you can't find the link anymore, can you send me Compressor maps of the sc61 and t3-t4 turbo and what the trim is. I don't know everything, but I am always intrested in learning more. My email is mlyn@bellsouth.net

I've haven't turboed any cars, that doesn't mean I can read up on what people that HAVE a degree in this field do. Plus you can turbo alot of cars, but do you know the science that is going on? Just like how you can't tune a car without a dyno, you can't just guess the science on it. Right or Wrong? So don't go calling people full of shit if to make yourself feel like king dick.

And you since you are all knowing you can go ahead and discredit these sites following:
http://www.turbocalculator.com/
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/turboflow.html
My point is a bigger turbo does not create more hp per PSI its a more efficient turbo, that operates in its efficieny island will.
Let me know whats up.

it was the same exact car, dynoed at the same exact day at the same exact shop.

they dynoed it with one turbo, then switched turbos and redynoed it.

everything on the car was exactly the same.

-- and you dont need a dyno to tune. wideband o2 and datalogging capabilities is all you need to street tune. you can set your a/f, timing, ignition, everything without ever needing a dyno. --

-- it also doesnt say exactly what a/r and trim t3/t4 was used, and an sc61 is a ball bearing t3/t4 that you can get .48 or.63 a/r (which is same as most ts/t4's. but the trim on the sc61 is 76, which is way higher then a t3/t4.

sc61 info - http://exileracing.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=289

general t3/t4 info - http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gatu.html

like i said, specifics werent made on the a/r and trims of the 2 turbos.

Originally posted by livinnvtec+Jul 20 2005, 08:57 PM-->
OK First off are they the same Prelude? Remember PSI is created by pressure from the manifold, so if they are to different preludes that can have two different restrictions from the manifold.

Just like how you can't tune a car without a dyno, you can't just guess the science on it. Right or Wrong?
micah
@Jul 20 2005, 10:56 PM

-- and you dont need a dyno to tune. wideband o2 and datalogging capabilities is all you need to street tune. you can set your a/f, timing, ignition, everything without ever needing a dyno. --

owned12.sized.jpg

Originally posted by micah@Jul 20 2005, 10:56 PM

-- it also doesnt say exactly what a/r and trim t3/t4 was used, and an sc61 is a ball bearing t3/t4 that you can get .48 or.63 a/r (which is same as most ts/t4's. but the trim on the sc61 is 76, which is way higher then a t3/t4.

sc61 info - http://exileracing.com/catalog/product_inf...products_id=289

general t3/t4 info - http://store.yahoo.com/cheapturbo/gatu.html

like i said, specifics werent made on the a/r and trims of the 2 turbos.
[post=529269]Quoted post[/post]​

Jesus! you got a ball bearingTurbo for $700 to compare to a $400- 500 turbo That hardly seems like a fair comparison since even a smaller ball bearing will run better with it being more effiecient. (fluid lubrication creates more friction, and subsequently more heat)

Any way thanks for the references, and I see where your coming at, but where not comparing apples to apples. I'm not including temperature reason being if you have a smaller turbo with a higher effiecieny, then it will run just like a bigger turbo.

Think about your car running in summer, and then in winter, now multiply it by the pressure ratio ur running at? It does make a difference.

How about this, if you can do this then I will forever stand corrected.
Get two turbos, with both turbos running the same psi and overlapping effiencies. both of them in the areas next to each other like in the 70% island (Normally the second ring) One bigger and One Smaller. If you can do that, then you eliminate temperature.

Tell then I guess you guys are at the lead, since we don't have the capabilites to disregard temperature. (BTW LMAO at the Lion Pic)

Anyway this arguement goes it's been great arguing with you guys so far

if you price some turbos youll find the ball bearings are always twice as much.

like a t3/to4e is around 600 bucks, the comparable ball bearing like a gt28rs is 1200.

since, they didnt specify which t3/t4 they used its hard to make a comparison, but even the most expensive is still cheaper then the sc61 they used. i wasnt trying to tip the scales in my favor heh ;)

ok I read almost the whole first page of this shit and its just B and this kid argueing why isn't this fucking thread locked yet? I mean its more of a bitch fest the acutally helping this guy...

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 21 2005, 12:40 PM
ok I read almost the whole first page of this shit and its just B and this kid argueing why isn't this fucking thread locked yet? I mean its more of a bitch fest the acutally helping this guy...
[post=529501]Quoted post[/post]​

We're having an arguement here, no hostility is here so if your going to make ignorant comments and it offends you so much why don't you just leave Its not that hard but it does take maturity Good luck I know you can do it!!

Oh yeah and by the way I skimmed through your post and there isin't to much Technical Knowledge in it that I don't already know or is new,so it would also be wise to be quiet lest ur audacious ignorance escape your lips.

wow.....you have a big ole chip on your shoulder...or is that. :crap: ...go ahead an read my posts.you will find no good info exept about my balls.. ...but you woke up a thread from the ice age.. and you are "skiming" through peoples posts....jeez you are nutsany way read his posts first..

PISSEDOFFSOL.....i think you will learn alot.....

:ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :readfaq: :readfaq: :readfaq: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed:

Originally posted by livinnvtec+Jul 21 2005, 09:04 PM-->
CiViC_SOHC
@Jul 21 2005, 12:40 PM

We're having an arguement here, no hostility is here so if your going to make ignorant comments and it offends you so much why don't you just leave Its not that hard but it does take maturity Good luck I know you can do it!!

Oh yeah and by the way I skimmed through your post and there isin't to much Technical Knowledge in it that I don't already know or is new,so it would also be wise to be quiet lest ur audacious ignorance escape your lips.
[post=529638]Quoted post[/post]​

Bahahaha..I love this GUy^^^^^.....You cant keep your mouth/fingers shut..huh?..I like that...bahahah.....
How about me..did you go thru my post to see how much i know..?

By the way..WELCOME to Hondaswap ANGRY bear :p

Originally posted by formby@Jul 21 2005, 08:55 PM
wow.....you have a big ole chip on your shoulder...or is that. :crap: ...go ahead an read my posts.you will find no good info exept about my balls.. ...but you woke up a thread from the ice age.. and you are "skiming" through peoples posts....jeez you are nutsany way read his posts first..

PISSEDOFFSOL.....i think you will learn alot.....

:ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :ufucktard: :readfaq: :readfaq: :readfaq: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :newbie: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :usuck: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :pissedoffban: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed: :nobreed:
[post=529655]Quoted post[/post]​

Listen I don't want to argue with you guys. I'm not here to prove who is King DIck or I have 500 posts so I'm Uberleet then you, I'm trying to have a discussion. Please be mature, and who knows you might learn something. I owe you guys nothing so I don't have to justify my shit to anyone yeah I am new so what I've been looking through forums for a longg time with cars, the only difference is I studied what the shit was before I signed up, that way I knew what I was talking about. Making comments directed to the author rather then the topic is counter productive. Why not bring something to the table since obviously you guys must know something. ONCE AGAIN I'M NOT TRYING TO PROVE ANYTHING TO ANYONE SO IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC JUST GO TO THE NEXT ONE.

Originally posted by Estorvito+Jul 21 2005, 08:58 PM-->
Originally posted by livinnvtec@Jul 21 2005, 09:04 PM
CiViC_SOHC
@Jul 21 2005, 12:40 PM

[post=529638]Quoted post[/post]​

Bahahaha..I love this GUy^^^^^.....You cant keep your mouth/fingers shut..huh?..I like that...bahahah.....
How about me..did you go thru my post to see how much i know..?

By the way..WELCOME to Hondaswap ANGRY bear :p
[post=529656]Quoted post[/post]​

I argue my points with facts proven by reputable websites, I learn what other people post as it helps give a general overview of themselves, knowledge and tempermanent and who knows I might learn something too, so why not? I want to argue with the topic at hand not your views or opinions about anyone.

Listen I appologize for anyone who I have offended that wasn't my goal. I'm just here to debate an argument thats all.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back