1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GSR Type R

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by kermit5327, Feb 14, 2008.

1. kermit5327

kermit5327 New Member

ok so whats all the big who ha about the gsr with type r internals

im looking at trading the civic for a 96 4 door teg with a gsr with type r internals and a skunk2 stage2 cam with a b16 tranny... good setup or bad??? also what would the compression be like in a set up like that??? and what else could be done to ready the setup for boost

2. kermit5327

kermit5327 New Member

thats what i thought dude that i'm gonna get the car off of said that all i have to do is put a thicker head gasket on it. he said that he thinks the motor is around like 10.5:1. im wondering how much hp the motor is pushing

3. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

agreed... ^^ .. usually built motors have been ran to shit .. its better to buy a virgin and start with a clean slate yourself

4. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Werd get a new motor and use the parts you want to use instaed of using someone elses motor that's already built yo.

5. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

buy a thicker head gasket from cometic, you can call them yourself and have them make it to your specs for thickness or order one off of kingmotorsports.com

King Motorsports Unlimited, Inc. (head gaskets are down the page a bit)

and check out the zealautowerks compression calculator, its the most accurate calculator on the internet that i have found

ZealAutowerks - Honda Compression Calculator

p.s. your compression ratio should be around 11:1 or 11.04:1 with integra type r internals and around 13:1 with civic type r internals, so i'd imagine its around 11:1 or else it'd be ridiculous to run on pump gas

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  6. kermit5327

kermit5327 New Member

hey using that calculater how did you figure the comp because it doesnt have a box for comp

like what is the calculation that you used

7. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Uh, look closer. There's a box at the bottom that says "effective compression ratio", and a whole bunch of other stuff...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted