GSR VS ITR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RiCe RoCcEt

my plans were to ls/vtec with a gsr head w/ itr internals and ctr cams. my question is, is there a difference between the gsr head and itr head, i mean like, volume in the combustion chamber. i ask this question because i look up pirce the itr internals and it came up to about 1500 (tlel me if thats too much) and then theres this type r head with ctr cams for 300-400 more, port and polished. which should i choose? go with that type r head or stick with the GSR w/ itr internals?

GSR combustion chamber = 41.6cc
ITR combustion chamber = 42.7cc

You'll get slightly higher compression with the GSR head and better quench then the ITR, but the ITR head has a "factory port and polish" job on it that helps flow a little bit too. It's nothing major though- I would stick with the GSR head myself.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 5 2004, 01:14 AM
You'll get slightly higher compression with the GSR head and better quench then the ITR, but the ITR head has a "factory port and polish" job on it that helps flow a little bit too. It's nothing major though- I would stick with the GSR head myself.
[post=426453]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The factory ITR port job is junk. Most head porters would rather get a stock B16 head than try and revive a ITR head. They simply remove too much material and in the wrong places on the ITR head.

Most of the gains from the ITR head are because of the different valve angles. Get a quality valve job on the GSR and you will be better off.

Back